At the time of application the candidate must be a matriculated third year student at an American Dental Association accredited school of dentistry. The student must be a third-year or fourth-year dental student at the time of their externship.
Interested students must complete and return the following:
- Formal application (filled out in full)
- Official dental school transcript
- Two letters of recommentation — One letter should be from the dean of the dental school certifying the student's class rank and cumulative GPA, indicating that the candidate is making satisfactory progress in meeting the school's requirements toward graduating, and that he or she will be allowed to participate in our program
- A 2x2 inch photo of yourself attached to the application
Address all inquiries and requests for applications to:
Virginia Commonwealth University
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
521 North 11th Street
Third Floor, Room 311
Richmond, Virginia 23298-0566
Phone: (804) 828-0602
Fax: (804) 828-0056
* Applications are accepted through email and standard mail.