MCV Campus Sale
VCU Parking and Transportation has worked in collaboration with the MCV Campus Assistant and Associate Dean’s Council to improve the MCV Campus student parking sale experience. The new sale process will resemble a lottery system and go into effect for MCV Campus commuter parking permits only, beginning on October 30, 2019.
THE MCV CAMPUS SPRING 2021 PARKING LOTTERY WILL OPEN FROM 9 A.M. ON TUESDAY, NOV. 10 TO 4 P.M. ON THURSDAY, NOV. 12.
How to participate in the lottery:
- Beginning at 9 a.m. on November 10, 2020, students interested in purchasing an MCV Campus commuter permit can log in to https://apps.parking.vcu.edu/mcvwebsales/ using your university ID and password to select five parking preferences. The lottery will close at 4 p.m. on November 12, 2020.
- The system will assign you an internal number upon submission of your application. If your number is selected via a random generator, you will receive a notification at the primary email address listed on your parking portal on November 16, 2020, with your award and link to purchase your permit online on November 17, 2020.
- You will have 72 hours to accept and purchase your awarded permit before forfeiture.
- Any remaining permits will be sold online in a first-come, first-served manner at 9 a.m. on November 23, 2020, at https://vcu.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal.
* Entering the permit lottery does not guarantee participants a parking permit.
Prepare Ahead of Time
In the event you are awarded a permit, please make sure you have the following prior to purchasing:
- A valid VCU eID and password. Please visit http://go.vcu.edu/eidfinder if you do not know your eID and password.
- A debit or credit card to make your online purchase
- The make, model and license plate of all vehicles you may drive to campus
- A complete address of where your permit will be mailed
- No outstanding parking citations. Citations can be paid online at http://www.parking.vcu.edu/parking/citations.
- Registered for classes. Students who have not registered ahead of the sale date will not be able to purchase parking.
9 a.m. on November 10, 2020 - Parking lottery opens
4 p.m. on November 12, 2020 - Parking lottery closes
- November 16, 2020 - Students receive an award letter via email if they received a permit in the lottery.
- 9 a.m. on November 17, 2020, through 11:50 p.m. on November 20, 2020 - Students awarded letters may purchase.
- You have 72 hours to accept your award, or your selection will be forfeited.
- 9 a.m. on November 23, 2020 - Unclaimed permits will go on sale
Several students noted that the previous process did not meet their needs, so we worked in collaboration with the MCV Campus Associate and Assistant Deans Council to develop an alternate option. This new solution, designed with students’ feedback in mind, will help alleviate the technology and time constraint challenges that existed with the previous sale experience. Additionally, the new process allows students the ability to select multiple parking preferences versus one, as with previous sales.
Simply put, the MCV Campus holds several unique challenges apart from the Monroe Park Campus, to include limited space availability, greater parking demand, and variance among student schedules/rotations. Each of these factors contributed to a less than optimal sales experience, which sparked the change. This new process was determined to be the fairest option for students.
The Monroe Park Campus did not experience these issues, so we will continue to operate parking sales on a first come, first served basis for this campus. We will continue to evaluate the sales experience each semester, in partnership with VCU administrative leaders, to determine the most effective solutions for each campus.
No. Parking demand typically outweighs space availability on the MCV Campus. Participants will be awarded permits using a random number generator.
Permits are now 19-hour or 24-hour flex permits, which allows students the ability to park for up to 19 hours (or 24 hours for designated permits) daily.
Parking options can be found at https://parking.vcu.edu/parking/students/options-and-rates/.
All unclaimed MCV Campus parking permits will be sold first-come, first-served on Nov. 23 online.
If a semester-long parking permit does not meet your needs, daily/hourly parking is available at several locations. Additionally, students may purchase a two-week permit for designated locations online at https://vcu.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal.
In the event you are not awarded an MCV Campus permit, you are welcome to participate in the Monroe Park Campus parking sale. The West Broad St. Deck is close to the Pulse bus line and is just a short 10-minute ride to the Medical Center stop on the MCV Campus. As a VCU student, you can ride the GRTC bus system at no cost. Please note, permits are sold on a first-come, first-served basis on the Monroe Park Campus.
In order to purchase a parking permit, you must be registered for classes and have no outstanding parking citations. If neither of these situations apply to you, please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email customer service at email@example.com with additional questions regarding the sales process.