MCV Campus Sale
VCU Parking and Transportation collaborated with the MCV Campus Assistant and Associate Dean’s Council to improve the MCV Campus student parking sale experience. As a result, the sale process resembles a lottery system for the fall/spring semesters and applies to commuter parking permits only.
ALL MPC/MCV CAMPUS SUMMER 2021 PERMITS WILL GO ON SALE ON MAY 18, 2021, AT 9 A.M. ONLINE. PLEASE NOTE, THERE IS NOT A PARKING LOTTERY FOR SUMMER SALES. PERMITS CAN BE PURCHASED HERE.
How to participate in the fall lottery:
- Beginning at midnight on Tuesday, July 6, all students interested in purchasing an MCV Campus commuter permit should log in to apps.parking.vcu.edu/
mcvwebsales and select their parking preferences. The lottery will close at 11:59 p.m. on July 8.
- The system will assign a number to all applicants. If your number is selected via a random generator, you will receive an email notification on Monday, July 12, with your award and a link to purchase your permit online on July 13 at 9 a.m.
- Recipients have until Monday, July 19, to accept and purchase the awarded permit before forfeiture.
- Any unclaimed permits from the lottery will be sold online first-come, first-served at 9 a.m. on Monday, July 19.
* Entering the permit lottery does not guarantee participants a parking permit.
Prepare Ahead of Time
In the event you are awarded a permit, please make sure you have the following before purchasing:
- A valid VCU eID and password. Please visit http://go.vcu.edu/eidfinder if you do not know your eID and password.
- A debit or credit card to make your online purchase
- The make, model and license plate of all vehicles you may drive to campus
- A complete address of where your permit will be mailed
- No outstanding parking citations. You can pay citations online at http://www.parking.vcu.edu/parking/citations.
- Registered for classes. Students who have not registered ahead of the sale date will not be able to purchase parking.
Midnight on July 6, 2021 - Parking lottery opens
July 8, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. - Parking lottery closes
- July 12, 2021 - Students receive an award letter via email if they received a permit in the lottery.
- July 13, 2021, through 9 a.m. on July 19, 2021 - Students awarded letters may purchase.
- If you do not accept your award by this time, your selection will be forfeited.
- July 19, 2021, at 9 a.m. - Unclaimed permits will go on sale
Several students noted that the previous process did not meet their needs, so we collaborated with the MCV Campus Associate and Assistant Deans Council to develop an alternate option. This new solution, designed with students’ feedback in mind, will help alleviate the technology and time constraint challenges that existed with the previous sale experience. Additionally, this lottery process allows students to select multiple parking preferences versus one, as with previous sales.
Simply put, the MCV Campus holds several unique challenges apart from the Monroe Park Campus, including limited space availability, greater parking demand, and variance among student schedules/rotations. Each of these factors contributed to a less than optimal sales experience, which sparked the change. This new process was determined to be the fairest option for students.
The Monroe Park Campus does not experience these issues, so we will continue to operate parking sales on a first-come, first-served basis for this campus. We will continue to evaluate each semester's sales experience in partnership with VCU administrative leaders to determine the most effective solutions for each campus.
No. Parking demand typically outweighs space availability on the MCV Campus. Participants will be awarded permits using a random number generator.
Permits are now 19-hour or 24-hour flex permits, which allows students the ability to park for up to 19 hours (or 24 hours for designated permits) daily.
Parking options can be found at https://parking.vcu.edu/parking/students/options-and-rates/.
All unclaimed MCV Campus parking permits will be sold first-come, first-served online following the lottery distribution.
If a semester-long parking permit does not meet your needs, daily/hourly parking is available at several locations. Additionally, students may purchase a two-week permit for designated locations online at https://vcu.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal.
In the event you are not awarded an MCV Campus permit, you are welcome to participate in the Monroe Park Campus parking sale. The West Broad St. Deck is close to the Pulse bus line and is just a short 10-minute ride to the Medical Center stop on the MCV Campus. As a VCU student, you can ride the GRTC bus system at no cost. Please note, permits are sold on a first-come, first-served basis on the Monroe Park Campus.
In order to purchase a parking permit, you must be registered for classes and have no outstanding parking citations. If neither of these situations apply to you, please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email customer service at email@example.com with additional questions regarding the sales process.