Resources & Quicklinks
All students are required to have a laptop with the following minimum requirements:
Computer Type: PC under warranty or Mac (Intel) under warranty
Operating System: PC - Windows 10; Mac - macOS 10.13: High Sierra
Processor: Minimum - Intel i5, Preferred - Intel i7
Memory: Minimum - 4GB, Preferred - 8GB
Schedule an appointment with the Office for Admissions and Student Services in order to discuss avenues for ensuring success in the Pharm.D. program. Plan a visit
Scholarships and Resources
As the cost of professional education continues to climb, endowed scholarships make a difference by helping the VCU School of Pharmacy attract the best qualified applicants regardless of their financial status. Some scholarships reward academic achievement, leadership, service and other admirable qualities while others provide assistance to students with financial need.
Scholarships for academic merit and for financial need are assessed by a Scholarship and Awards Committee. Applications for scholarships are completed in the early Fall semester and notification of awards are made during the early part of the Spring semester. All students are eligible for scholarship application.
Our alumni and friends established over 60 scholarships to support you on your quest to pursue a career in pharmacy. All of these scholarships were made possible through the generosity of alumni and friends who have made contributions in support of your education and your future. Learn more about the various scholarships available to you. Read the stories about why each fund was created and who created them. You may find that you are a perfect match for one or more scholarships.
Please note that selection is not based solely on the completion of your application. Only one application may be submitted per student, but you may apply for multiple scholarships using one application.
Additional financial resources are available to students outside of the VCU School of Pharmacy. Please apply directly to the funder for consideration of these funds.
Keys to Success
- Be courageous and ask for help as soon as you need it.
- Identify two people on campus you know you can go to for support and encouragement.
- Avail yourself to campus resources.
- Take care of your physical health by sleeping, eating, and exercising regularly.
- Engage in some form of self-care every day. Find suggestions here.
- Go to class.
- Create and implement a study schedule.
- Identify and practice an effective note-taking strategy.
- Resist the urge to compare your performance or progress to that of your peers; strive to do YOUR best.
- Be proactive and reach out to faculty and the Office for Admissions and Student Services as soon as you realize you may be struggling academically or otherwise.
Our Student Organizations provide a great opportunity for membership and active leadership. Students are welcomed and encouraged to actively participate in one or more organizations. Each organization provides information to all incoming students during orientation.
- Student Executive Council (SEC)
- American Pharmacists Association-Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP)
- Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International (CPFI)
- Inter-Fraternity Council (IFC) - Phi Delta Chi, Kappa Epsilon, Kappa Psi
- Phi Lambda Sigma (PLS)
- Rho Chi
- Student Association of Community Pharmacists (SACP)
- Student Association of Consultant and Geriatric Pharmacists (SACGP)
- Student National Pharmaceutical Association (SNPhA)
- Student Pharmacists Policy and Advocacy Association (SPPAA)
- Virginia Society of Health-System Pharmacists Student Chapter (SVSHP)
Community Outreach Events
Student pharmacists at VCU School of Pharmacy are involved in a variety of community engagement events each year. These events include continuous experiences at local health clinics, community health screenings across Virginia, and international relief efforts. Student organizations at VCU assume responsibility for many of the events, where student leaders actively manage the activity with guidance from faculty advisors.