- Procurement Services
- RealSource Software Release
- Travel Services Team Reminders:
- CorpCard Team: Did you know?
- Procurement Services Fiscal Year-End Closing Schedule
RealSource Software Release
The new Real Source software release will go live on April 12th. There’s still time to sign-up for an Info-Session at training.vcu.edu or RealSource News/Events (Events webpage). The new User Help-Guide can be accessed from the RealSource Departments Only webpage or the RealSource homepage (see Quick Links). For more information, email the RealSource Help-Desk RealSource@vcu.edu.
Travel Services Team Reminders:
- Personal Reimbursements are reserved for emergency or irregular purchases and are capped at $2,000 per expense. ChromeRiver will ask the expense owner for justification for not using established purchasing procedures. Replies such as "I do not own a P-card" are insufficient. Individuals who intend to be reimbursed should read the Personal Reimbursement Policy and provide an adequate explanation in ChromeRiver as to why this expense was an emergency or irregular purchase.
- Conference/Meeting Registration expenses are highly encouraged to be paid on a P-card or Purchase order. In the event the Conference/Meeting registration fee is personally paid, VCU will not reimburse the individual until after the event has occurred.
- Real ID - Effective October 1, 2021 U.S. travelers must be REAL ID compliant to board domestic flights. Please use the link below to learn more. https://www.dhs.gov/real-id
CorpCard Team: Did you know?
- In WORKS, any transactions that post to account code 620002 should be transferred?
- Account code 620002 is currently used to record expenditures that do not have a designated merchant category (printing services, shipping services, etc.) This shows on your department reports as “Undistributed Charge Card Supplies.” To avert creating a journal voucher in Banner, you can complete your allocation in Works prior to the monthly Banner upload.
Please review the Online Reconciliation Guide to assist you with your allocation.
Procurement Services Fiscal Year-End Closing Schedule
As 2021 fiscal year closes, please be aware of Procurement Services Year-End schedule is available at Procurement Services Website (Spreadsheet).
The schedule includes deadlines by transaction type for processing in 2021 as well as other useful information as you plan your financial priorities.