student affairs integrity image [View Image]
The Student Affairs Office supports the educational mission of VCUarts Qatar by educating students about appropriate behavior and fostering a safe and supportive learning environment. We administer the VCUarts Qatar Student Code of Conduct, the Sexual Misconduct/Violence and Sex Discrimination policy as it applies to students, and other related polices. We also interface with the HBKU Residences and Health Safety, Security and Environment to ensure appropriate VCUarts Qatar student behavior at all the HBKU facilities as well as on the Education City grounds. Programs related to the safety, wellbeing and the VCUarts Qatar Code of ethics and conduct are offered during orientation, prior to all student trips and at other key times of the year. Policies are communicated regularly through our weekly student newsletter and resources such as the website and VCUarts Qatar intranet.
VCU Creed: Philosophy for a University Community
Academic institutions exist, among other reasons, to discover, advance and transmit knowledge and to develop in their students, faculty and staff the capacity for creative and critical thought. At Virginia Commonwealth University, members of the community should strive to exemplify the following specific ideals in addition to other worthy ideals:
• To demonstrate academic and personal integrity.
• To respect the rights and property of others.
• To be open to others’ opinions.
• To uphold academic freedom and freedom of intellectual inquiry.
• To appreciate diversity and to value and learn from the uniqueness of each person.
• To uphold the right of all persons to be treated with dignity and respect and to refrain from all forms of intimidation, harassment and illegal discrimination.
• To demonstrate and respect intellectual courage in situations that demand it.
Students are required to engage in responsible social conduct that reflects credit upon the University community and to model good citizenship in any community.
For more information contact the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs