Children's Swim Lessons
a swim instructor teaches a preschooler how to kick while holding on to the side of the pool. The child's parent is nearby in the pool.. [View Image]
Summer 2021 Children's Swim Lessons
All Children's Swim Lessons are held at the Cary Street Gym Aquatic Center. Register on the MyRecSports portal using the links in the charts below. Registration for all programs closes at noon the day before lessons begin. Please note the following policies in response to COVID-19.
Parent/Child and Preschool 1-3
- Only students and faculty staff members are eligible to purchase new memberships for themselves and their dependents
- Participants do not need to register for a workout reservation in order to enter the facility. When you arrive, please inform the front desk that you are here for a lesson and make your way down to the pool deck.
- If you wish to swim before or after your lesson, you must register for a workout registration time slot. Each participant must be registered in order to participate. Please note, family swim hours are Saturday/Sunday in the pool only.
- Instructors are not required to wear a mask while teaching but may opt to do so.
- Physical contact between the instructor and the participant may be required to teach certain skills. Instructors are exempt from abiding by the 10 feet of social distancing rule.
- Parents are required to be in the water assisting their child with lessons. Each parent/child pair is expected to maintain 10 feet of physical distance from other participants.
- Only current members are eligible to participate in children’s swim lessons. An active youth dependent membership is required for minor participants.
- Only one parent/guardian should bring the child to swim lessons. No additional spectators (including minors) are allowed.
Due to space limitations, participant safety, and in order to comply with state guidelines, we will not be offering swim lessons for youth levels 1-6 during Summer 2021.
First Session Program Runs Saturdays, June 5 - 26
Registration runs May 1 - June 4 at noon
Second Session Program Runs Saturdays, July 10 - 31
Registration runs May 1 - July 9 at noon
Click the class link below to register
9:30 - 10:00 a.m.
9:30 - 10:00 a.m.
10:15 - 10:45 a.m.
11:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Looking for fun aquatics and safety-related activities to do with your kids? Visit our Parent and Child Virtual Programs page for lots of fun ideas.