Outdoor Adventure Program
Climbing and Bouldering
A student climbs on the Cary Street Gym climbing wall [View Image]
Belay Clinics will be held every Thursday through August 19, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Great News! The OAP Climbing Wall will allow participants to belay one another again beginning July 1, 2021.
- In order to belay, you must pass a belay test administered by an OAP staff member.
- Participants may ask to take the belay test at the climbing wall desk.
- Belay approvals last for one year.
- If you do not pass the test the first time, you are welcome to come back and take it again (after a 24 hour wait time).
- If you are new to belaying, OAP offers belay clinics on weeknights. Register using the link above.
- With the return of belaying, we will also move back to having all participants tie into the ropes at the climbing wall using a figure-8 follow through.
- If you are not comfortable tying this knot, OAP staff will teach you how to tie it!
- You are welcome to bring your own belay device, or you can borrow a friction plate (ATC) device from the OAP free of charge during your visit to the Wall.
Summer 2021 roped climbing hours are
- Monday - Friday 3:00-9:00 p.m.
- Sundays 4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
The Cary Street Gym Climbing area features a 35-foot climbing wall with six top rope and one lead climbing routes. This area also features one freestanding and 18-foot bouldering section.
- There is no additional cost to members or guests to use the climbing area.
- The Climbing Wall is a chalk free area. However, liquid chalk is allowed.all bouldering is drop-in any time the building is open, and roped climbing drop-in is available during posted hours.
- Climbing harnesses & shoes are available for free rental
- Lead climbing is only available during climbing clinics, which must be registered for in advance.
- Patrons can register for climbing clinics online. Use the link above to register.
Registration opens August 1. Register up to the time of the clinic. All clinics will be held at Cary Street Gym Climbing Wall
|Request-a-clinic||September 24 - December 10||To be determined by participant||To be determined by participant|
|Belay Clinic||August 25 - December 8||Wednesdays||6:00 -7:00 p.m.|
|Sport Climbing Clinic||August 26||Thursday||3:00 -5:00 p.m.|
|Climbing Technique Clinic||August 30||Monday||3:00-4:00 p.m.|
|Gym to Crag Clinic||September 7||Tuesday||2:00 -4:00 p.m.|
|Sport Climbing Clinic||September 16||Thursday||7:00 -9:00 p.m.|
|Climbing Technique Clinic||September 20||Monday||7:00-8:00 p.m.|
|Gym to Crag Clinic||September 30||Thursday||5:00-7:00 p.m.|
|Sport Climbing Clinic||October 4||Monday||1:00-3:00 p.m.|
|Climbing Technique Clinic||October 12||Tuesday||1:00-2:00 p.m.|
|Sport Climbing Clinic||October 21||Thursday||4:00-6:00 p.m.|
|Gym to Crag Clinic||October 25||Monday||2:00-4:00 p.m.|
|Climbing Technique Clinic||November 4||Thursday||7:00-8:00 p.m.|
|Sport Climbing Clinic||November 9||Tuesday||7:00-9:00 p.m.|
|Gym to Crag Clinic||November 18||Thursday||7:00-9:00 p.m.|
|Sport Climbing Clinic||December 3||Friday||2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.|
|Gym to Crag Clinic||December 6||Monday||6:00-8:00 p.m.|
No Man's Land Film Festival
November 3, 2021, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Cary Street Gym MAC
No Man's Land Film Festival travels year-round and worldwide to share with you our current selection of best-loved films from the festival archives and brand new films featuring the most driven and inspired women adventurers. This event will feature a collection of short adventure films and a panel of women who are movers and shakers in the outdoor world. Admission is free!