Weekly update for students: Fall 2020 course updates, academic calendar and more
As we plan the return to campus for the university’s students, faculty and staff, our priorities are the health, safety and wellness — both physical and emotional — of every member of the VCU community. Many details have been worked out, and many are still to come. This weekly update, arriving each Friday, will be a resource to help keep you informed as details become available. All updates are available at together.vcu.edu. Receive notifications by downloading VCU Mobile from your iOS or Android app store.
Update on revised fall 2020 course schedule
As outlined in the university’s ONE VCU: Responsible Together plan, our phased return to campus will include changes to class formats and instructional spaces.
- In order to comply with safety measures, all courses with an enrollment of 50 or more students on the Monroe Park and MCV campuses will be taught in a remote/online format.
- A revised Fall 2020 Schedule of Classes will be available online by July 15 and will include changes in class formats and instructional spaces. VCU faculty will be working with their department chairs to update their class formats to in-person, in-person blended (hybrid) or online.
- The fall 2020 academic calendar has been updated to reflect the changes announced last week.
Read the full announcement sent on June 11 here.
Residential Life and Housing return-to-campus update
Residential Life and Housing is taking the following actions to prepare for the fall return to campus:
- Reviewing, updating and increasing cleaning protocols in the residence halls
- Instituting a phased move-in schedule and asking students to sign up for move-in times
- Providing hand sanitizer and reusable masks to all students
- Providing hand sanitizer refill stations in all residence halls
- Closing some common areas to assist with physical distancing guidelines
- Updating the residence hall programming and floor meeting plans to include virtual options to maintain physical distancing
- Updating residential access to only allow residents to have access to their assigned residence hall
- Implementing a no-guest policy where residents will not be permitted to host guests inside the residence halls
We ask our residential students to take an active role in their well-being by doing the following items outlined by VCU in the student responsibility section of the One VCU: Responsible Together website.