Methods of Payment
The Collection Unit accepts a variety of payment methods. The method you choose may depend on whether you wish to have a financial hold released in order to facilitate registration or the release of grades, transcripts or diploma. The following methods of payment are accepted:
1. Guaranteed funds: Cash, Money Order, Cashier's Check, Credit Cards
- payment must be in guaranteed funds for immediate release of a financial hold
- please DO NOT mail cash!
- credit card processing for tuition and fees payments will only be taken on the billing and payment site through eServices; a 2.75% convenience fee (minimum $3.00) will be charged. For more information see Online Bill/ Credit Card Convenience Fees FAQ.
2. Personal Checks:
- no third party checks
- make checks payable to "Virginia Commonwealth University"
- reference the student's name and id on the check or money order
- financial holds are released ten (10) business days after the payment by check
- post dated checks are not accepted
- $50 fee on all returned checks