- Technology Services
- Knowledge Base
- Products and Services
- Avaya Workplace
Avaya Workplace[Printer Icon] Print this article
Avaya Workplace is an enhanced version of Avaya's mobile app. Avaya Workplace is a Unified Communications application for remote workers. It provides the functionality of Avaya one-X Mobile while transitioning VCU to a platform capable of incorporating multimedia content in the future.
For assistance accessing information related to our programs, please contact VCU Telecommunications at 828-2227 (press option 2).
Avaya Workplace will extend your VCU telephone service to your computer, mobile and/or home telephone.
- Enter any number of devices you choose and select up to 5 that can ring simultaneously when your desk phone is called.
- VCU calls that are unanswered will forward to your VCU voice mailbox.
- Outbound calls you make from the application will display your VCU telephone number, not your personal number.
- Access the VCU directory, listen to voice mails, all from your mobile device or computer.
- The feature can be turned on or off when you are unable to take business calls.
Want the Avaya Workplace App?
Avaya Equinox [View Image]
Step 1 : Request an Account for Avaya Workplace :
Submit a Request for Avaya Workplace
Step 2: Setting up the Application:
Our Client Support Group will create your account and send you an email with directions for setting up the application
- To download Avaya Workplace for mobile devices, using your mobile device please search for “Avaya IX" in Google Play Store (Android) or Apple App Store (iOS)
- To download Avaya Workplace for your desktop or laptop use the links provided in the email sent from our Client Support Group (CSG) or use the links below. NOTE: Headset with microphone required. Noise cancelling headset strongly suggested.
Avaya Workplace for Windows
Avaya Workplace for MacOS
NOTE: If you will be using the app on a desktop or laptop computer you must have administrative rights to download software. If you do not have this right you will need to contact your IT Support representative for assistance.
Provisioning Directions (Phone Services Mode):
- Open the Avaya Workplace App.
- Accept the “End User License Agreement".
- Select the option to "Configure my account".
- Bypass entering an email address.
- Select the “Settings and Options” gear at the top-right corner.
- Select “USE A WEB ADDRESS”.
- Enter http://sbc.vcu.edu/sipsettings.txt in the “WEB ADDRESS” field and select “NEXT”.
- Enter your 5-digit VCU telephone “EXTENSION” and “PASSWORD” when prompted to enter your “PHONE DETAILS”. **Note: Telecommunications Services will provide the password in the email they send when your account is established**
- Select “NEXT”.
- Click “OK” after reading the “Disclaimer for Emergency Calls”.
- Complete the Quick Tutorial.
- Start using Avaya Workplace in the “Phone Service” mode.
Avaya Workplace Reference Guide
Avaya designed the Avaya Workplace app so that it is intuitive and easy to use. You may click on the below link for additional information regarding the application. Please note that some of the enhanced features covered in the reference guide may not be currently applicable in the VCU environment. Please select the link below to access the reference guide for Avaya Workplace