Importing may require users to rearrange content throughout the course. Importing will not overwrite any content but instead will make duplicates of content that may already be present.
You can copy course content such as assignments, modules, pages, and discussions from previous Canvas courses into existing courses. You only have access to copy content from courses in which you are enrolled as a user with instructor permissions.
Start with the destination course (the course you are copying content INTO.)
1. In Course Navigation, click the Settings link.
2. Click the Import Course Content link located on the right-hand side.
3. In the Content Type drop-down menu, select the Copy a Canvas Course option .
4. Enter the name of the source course (the course you are copying FROM) in the Search for a course field. Click the name of the course when it appears.
You can also choose to include completed courses by selecting the completed courses checkbox below.
5. Select to copy All Content or Select Specific Content .
6. Click Import .
The Current Jobs section displays the status of your import. Running reports display a progress bar indicating the time remaining to complete the import.
If you chose to select specific content in your course, the current job will show as Waiting for Select, which means you must select the content you want to import.
The import may also display other status indicators as part of the import process. Learn more about course import statuses.
View the content from any completed imports by accessing any link in Course Navigation.