Once users have been added to your course, you are able to edit their course section from the People page. This feature allows you to make modifications to course sections without having to delete the section enrollment.
If a user has not already accepted the course enrollment, editing the course section still requires the user to accept the course invitation. However, if a user has already accepted the initial course enrollment, editing a section does not require the user to accept a new course invitation.
If a user was added to multiple sections in the course with the same user role, adding a section or editing a current section retains the user role given with the course enrollment. However, if the user has multiple user roles, a section edit is associated with the last user role given to the user.
1. In Course Navigation, click the People link.
People Index Page [View Image]
2. In the search field , search for the name of the user. You can also filter users by role in the Roles drop-down menu .
Search and Filter Users_People 2 [View Image]
3. Click the user's Options icon , then select the Edit Sections link .
Edit Sections_People [View Image]
Canvas will show you the section(s) where the user is already enrolled.
4. To add a section, begin typing the name of the section in the text field  and click the section when it appears .
Note: Users can be in more than one section. You do not need to remove the original section.
Add User to a Section_People [View Image]
To remove a student from a section, click the Remove icon [X].
5. To update section enrollments, click the Update button.