Description: Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard. Create a pool of questions in Respondus, then select which ones to use for tests, exams or other assignments.
Respondus helps students "master the basics" of course material through learning activities, self-assessments, and games. A dozen activities – such as flashcards, crosswords, and quizzes – engage students with course content in an individualized way. Students can access Respondus activities using computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Cost: No charge
Use the tabs below to download and start using Respondus today!
Cost: None. All VCU faculty and staff are licensed to use the product at no cost.
Use of the Respondus products included in this license is subject to all of the following conditions:
Important Reminders: It is recommend that you accept the default settings for the installation location on your computer. Also, please note that the Respondus software cannot be downloaded directly from the vendor’s website. The VCU-licensed download file is acquired by following the instructions below.
These downloads usually appear at the bottom of your screen.
Screenshot of downloaded Respondus installation files. [View Image]
When an update is available from the vendor, use one of the methods below to acquire the update.
The VCU license is renewed annually. When you use the application after July 31st, you should check for updates, or accept them if prompted. If your license key does NOT automatically update, please download the Respondus licensing information document using the buttons above, and manually enter the updated license key.
1. From the Preview & Publish menu, select Publish and then click the Publish Wizard button.
2. To publish the exam to a single course, select the Publish to single course option.
3. If a server has not yet been set up, click the dropdown menu beside Canvas Server and select "add new server."
If a server has already been set up, then simply select that server from the Canvas Server dropdown menu and click Next.
4. A screen will appear that looks similar to the one below:
Respondus Canvas Server2 [View Image]
5. The wizard will display a screen that looks similar to the one below:
Respondus Canvas Server [View Image]
6. The exam will now be published to the specified course. When the publishing process is completed, click the Finish button.
Since migrating to SaaS (December 2019) users may be getting the following error:
To bypass this error follow these steps:
1. Go into Respondus >> Help >> Get update
2. Enter Insallation Password - Found in the "Set up Instructions"
3. When ready to publish test to Bb follow the instructions above to add a new server.