We are so happy to have you and your family join VCUarts.
Our students have access to a number of resources to help them navigate their arts education. Not only is VCUarts a great value, we offer merit scholarships and other university scholarships to help keep down the costs of a degree. See how we compare to other top arts schools.
We’re located in the heart of Richmond, Virginia, which has a thriving arts and cultural scene. The city has earned accolade after accolade, from “happiest city in the U.S.” to “one of the best cities for art lovers.”
VCU takes the safety and well-being of its students seriously and offers a number of programs to keep students well-informed and safe. The VCU Police Department ensures that our campuses are safe for students, faculty, staff and visitors. More than 80 fully certified police officers patrol the campuses and surrounding areas on mountain bikes and motorcycles, in cars and on foot.
That’s not all. Emergency telephones are located around both campuses offering immediate connection to the police dispatcher. Dorms and most instructional facilities require ID cards for entry during non-business hours. Our advanced campus-wide security system uses digital signage, classroom alert units, mobile and email notifications to keep everyone in the VCU community aware and safe.
RamSafe also provides point-to-point evening transportation for VCU students, faculty and staff. And security escorts are available to pick them up at any time of night.
Resources for parents and families
Parents and families don’t just need to know their students are supported. They need to stay connected to the campus community. VCU provides several resources to keep you engaged:
- Parent and family helpline: (804) 828-7322
- Beyond orientation program (for first-year parents)
Resources for students
- Safe Zone designated people and spaces across campus that offer support for LGBTQIA+ students.
- The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs promotes an appreciation of diversity through events, forums, scholarships and more.
- University Counseling Services offers therapy options, psychiatric services and an after-hours emergency line.
- The Student Accessibility and Educational Opportunity Office is available to administer support and accommodations to help students with disabilities succeed.
- The Wellness Resource Center is available to assist with sleep health, stress management, sexual health, nutrition and recovery support.
Here, creative equals employable. Counselors and faculty help connect students with internships and career guidance. VCU Career Services is available to help students find a job or internship, research graduate schools and develop a career roadmap after graduation.