Including Our Personnel on a RAMS-SPOT Proposal
Subaccounts are required for ALL proposals which include Biostatistics faculty, students, or staff.
- Proposal Title and Contacts section, question 6: Units with View Access - Please make sure “Biostatistics” is checked.
- Personnel section: Add the relevant Biostatistics personnel that you wish to include on the proposal.
- Budget Characteristics section, question 3: Will this budget have Cost Sharing (including salary cap)? Choose YES if you are including a Biostatistics member who will need cost-sharing. See Cost Share Budget section on next page.
- Budget Characteristics section, question 9: If this project is awarded, will there be internal subaccounts? Choose YES. Selecting “yes” will create the subaccounts section which you will populate later in the Primary Budget.
- Subaccounts section, Internal Subaccounts: click the ADD button. This will bring up a box that asks for the following information:
- Unit: select Biostatistics as the “Unit”.
- Direct Costs: Populate the amount of direct costs including salary, fringe, and any non-personnel costs for the subaccount. If you need budget information, please contact Carrie Boyd or Kelly Sullivan.
- Indirect Costs: Populate the indirect costs related to the direct costs based on the current approved rate for the specified Sponsor.
- Comments: Add any relevant comments.
Routing for Approval
- Route for Approval section, question 2: Select which units should approve this proposal - The PI should check the Medicine box so the proposal is routed to the School of Medicine.
Cost Share Budget
If you answered “Yes” to Question 3 in the Primary Budget, Budget Characteristics section for a Biostatistics member, a new budget form will appear in the “Working Budgets” section of the Funding Proposal.
- Personnel Costs – Cost Sharing section, Salary over Cap CS Dept; Choose Biostatistics. This section is where you get the calculations for the cost sharing details section below so make a note of these totals.
- Cost Sharing Details section, question 1: Enter Department/Unit Cost Sharing Allocation; Click ADD.
- Department: select Biostatistics
- Total Dollars: Populate the amount you noted from personnel costs above.
- Attachments for Internal Purposes section, click ADD to include the cost-share authorization form signed by Biostatistics.