Virginia Commonwealth University offers several undergraduate and graduate programs and specializations in cybersecurity. We are advancing cybersecurity education with hands-on interdisciplinary experiences.
Developing Cyber WarriorsThe word security on a computer screen. [View Image]
Cybersecurity students go through a comprehensive programs focused on detecting, mitigating and defending all types of organizations. The cybersecurity programs help students to align with commercial and governmental cyber practices.
Undergraduate students in the following programs can specialize in Cybersecurity, based on three courses (details provided in the first link below):
- BS in Computer Science – the first ABET-accredited CS program in Virginia (1986)
- Accelerated BS/MS program in Computer Science
- Undergraduate Post-Bacc Certificate in Computer Science
Graduate students in these programs can specialize in Cybersecurity, based on five graduate courses (details provided in the first link below):
- MS in Computer Science
- Ph.D. in Engineering – Computer Science track
- Dual Ph.D. program with University of Cordoba (UCO)
In addition, students can earn a Certificate in Cybersecurity, based on four courses: