Undergraduate Certificate in Venture Creation [View Image]
Venture Creation is the perfect certificate for students who know that they want to start a business or non-profit or have already started one. You will work collaboratively with students from different majors all the way through the process of starting a venture from the ground up. You will focus on using Human-Centered Design philosophies to insure you are serving the right people with your venture.
You must be accepted to VCU to apply to our certificate programs. Accepted students who are Undeclared majors are welcome to apply. Once you are a VCU student here are the steps:
1. Complete the application (applications accepted on a rolling basis, apply any time!)
2. Register for INNO 200, if you have not taken it already
3. Complete an interview (You will be contacted by daVinci Center Staff via email to set this up.)
4. Wait for application review by our academic director
5. Be on the lookout for an email with our decision
An undergraduate certificate is a set of courses you take in addition to your primary degree. These courses are meant to broaden your skills in a specific area of interest in addition to what you are studying as part of your major. For example, if you are a Psychology major and are accepted to our Product Innovation program, you would graduate with a B.S in Psychology and a Certificate in Product Innovation. You can think of a certificate as a less formal version of a minor.