Office of Sponsored Programs
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is Virginia Commonwealth University’s office authorized to submit research proposals and receive awards from all sources on behalf of the University. OSP is also the official contact for the University on administrative award-related matters.
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) at VCU is charged with reviewing all research protocols involving humans to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
The Institutional Animal and Use Committee (IACUC) is responsible for review of the institution's program for humane care and use of animals. You will need to login to access these resources
VCU core laboratories
VCU supports a number of core laboratories which facilitate a wide variety of research in the biomedical, life, physical, and social sciences.
- Nucleic Acids Research Facility
- Cancer Informatics Core
- Microscopy Core Laboratory
- Flow Cytometry Core Laboratory
- Biological Macromolecule Core Laboratory
- Molecular Biology Supply Center
- Structural Biology Core Laboratory
- Tissue and Data Acquisition and Analysis Core
- Transgenic Mouse Core Laboratory
- Nanomaterials Characterization Core Laboratory
- Chemical and Proteomic Mass Spectrometry Core Laboratory
- Center for High Performance Computing