View graphic versionView graphic versionView graphic version
- Address the grid data challenge by investigating statistical properties of realistic grids and developing a generative model to build appropriate synthetic grid test cases.
- Produce power grid test cases with salable network size featuring the same kind of small-world topology and electrical characteristics found in realistic grids.
- Study the uncertainty modeling of renewable generation and smart grid loads.
- Examine their impacts on grid vulnerability to cascading failures.
- Explore optimal approaches to encourage renewable integration by using energy storage, smart grid technology, and demand controls.
- Study the impacts of distributed generation of renewable energy on the distribution network.
- Identify the optimal placement of DG regarding both siting and sizing, and evaluate the maximum penetration threshold.
- Examine the interdependence of local renewable source and load profiles, and determine the optimal approaches of voltage and frequency controls.
- Explore the optimal load scheduling in the presence of dynamic electricity pricing in a distribution network with locally available solar PV or wind-base renewable generation.
- Reduce the electricity cost and encourage installation of distributed renewables with consideration of power quality constraints and customer convenience.