Find and share information about housing, roommates, part-time, and temporary local jobs in the Graduate School classifieds. This is a free resource for VCU graduate students and members of the community. To submit a classified ad, contact the Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your request.
Please use caution and be aware of scammers when answering emails about rooms/apartments for rent. This is an open website that is accessible outside the VCU community.
Math Tutoring Services
Given my 35 years' experience teaching at college preparatory schools and university summer programs, I'm conversant in all fields of math curricula (i.e., Calculus, Statistics, Pre-Calculus, Trigonometry, Algebra, Geometry, Probability, Matrix Theory, Discrete Math, etc.). Additionally, I'm well-versed in any and all college board assessments you may be planning to take. From the specific to the general, I will configure my tutoring lessons to answer to your individual needs.
Resume and recommendations are available upon request. Contact Jeff Gadette: email@example.com
Are you a subject matter expert? Connect with students online! Trilogy Mentors is a local RVA Startup offering flexible, online academic mentorships to K-12 students. We seek individuals with a passion for driving student success. Our mentors work with students on academic subjects, as well as organizational skills, academic planning, and goal setting to foster good habits and build a student’s overall confidence. All sessions are conducted online via Trilogy Mentors’ unique eLearning platform. TM is seeking mentors with subject expertise in the following areas:
- Advanced Mathematics: Calculus, Algebra, Geometry, English, Literature, Writing, SAT Prep
- Sciences: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Foreign Languages (Spanish, French, Latin)
Visit https://web.trilogymentors.guru/mentor/signup/ to begin the online application to become an Online Academic Mentor with Trilogy.
1717 East Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23223
Part-time Office Assistant
Close to campus - general contractor seeking a part-time office employee to assist with day to day administrative duties, online advertising, social media, and appointments. Must be well versed in social media and online platforms. 10 to 12 hours per week @ $13/hour. Contact Leigh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christ the King Anglican Church in Alexandria Virginia is seeking a tenor soloist, choral section leader, and cantor. $75/call, $150 to lead service solo. At least 6 calls/month. Strong sight-reading skills a must. If interested, please send a CV and a sample recording to Ann Lee, Director of Music via email to email@example.com.
Experienced Child Care Provider/Nanny Needed - Hanover (23116)
I am currently seeking an experienced child care provider to care for our 8-year-old son. This candidate will need to have a good driving record to be available to take him to Physical Therapy appointments and be picked up from certain activities from time to time (TBD). Brayden has been diagnosed with Noonan's Syndrome/CP and has some developmental delays, etc. He is super sweet and funny! He loves the park, playing games, being outside riding his car, swimming, being read to, and watching his favorite TV shows. Right now the days are M-F 2:30 to 5:30. Extra hours are needed for school holidays and summer hours. G-tube feeding experience is a plus (not necessary - will train). References are required. Someone looking for consistent hours and long-term commitment is encouraged to apply. $10 an hour (plus gas allowance). Contact Shannon at (804) 314-0111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARE YOU A MATH PERSON?
Huntington Learning Center in Glen Allen, Va., is looking for qualified individuals to teach exam prep and subject tutoring, specifically in math areas. The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Must have a four-year degree
- Be available to work afternoons and evenings between 4-8:30 p.m., and/or Saturdays between 9 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Be punctual and dedicated to our students
- Be comfortable with advanced math skills
The benefits of being a part-time Huntington teacher include:
- Training: we offer continual training that even experienced teachers appreciate. Huntington skills and techniques can be transferred to your classroom as well as to home for use with your own children. Become a more effective teacher as you enhance your present skill set and develop new ones.
- Students: work with a variety of students at all grade levels on an individual or one-to-one basis. As you track students' daily progress, you will see a marked improvement in their skills, confidence, and motivation. There are no discipline problems, so you concentrate on academics. Since full-time staff conduct all parent discussions, you have no interaction with parents.
- No outside work: with no homework to correct or lesson plans to develop, you just walk into the center and begin teaching. Everything is ready for you.
- Year-round flexible hours: our after-school and summer hours adapt to your changing schedule. Since no preparation is needed beforehand, it's an ideal after-school job that's even better than tutoring on your own.
- Great experience: whether this is your first job, or you're returning to work after an extended absence, teaching at Huntington is an excellent way to ease into the teaching profession and develop a reference that future employers respect. This opportunity offers experiences that are not available in the classroom.
Pay for this job will be $13/hour. If you think Huntington Learning Center is the place for you, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call (804) 270-0030.
POSTGRADUATE TEST PREPARATION (GMAT AND GRE) TUTORS NEEDED
Parliament Tutors offers private tutoring and test preparation for all academic subjects and standardized tests. We are currently seeking experienced tutors with superior test scores to join our team on a part-time basis.
Sessions typically occur in student’s homes. Rates for test prep tutors start at $30.00 per hour. All candidates will be required to have a face-to-face interview and background check. Interviews take place at our local consultation center (address below) or via web conferencing on Skype. Please apply online by following the link below. No phone calls, please.
1526 Split Oak Lane, Henrico, VA 23229
I am a first-year medical student looking for 2 roommates in a new, 2020 townhouse home in North Chesterfield. I am a quiet, clean, laid-back guy that values fitness and my faith. Looking to share a house with people of similar interests and goals!
Rent is $850, which includes all utilities and landscaping/HOA costs. Very safe neighborhood and the neighbors are friendly.
The house is well kept and clean. It has 1,634 sq ft of living space and the available rooms are spacious: 11.6 x 11.8 and 12 x 11 sq ft. The upstairs is carpeted, and the downstairs has vinyl flooring. This home has an open floor plan, and the kitchen has a large island with granite countertops and plenty of cabinet/pantry space. Everyone will have their own parking spot as the driveway is large. We also have a one-car garage. All appliances are new: fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, microwave, stove, oven. I may possibly get a ping-pong table as well. The drive is exactly 17 minutes away from the MCV campus (the route is toll-free). No smoking or pets allowed.
The house is in a community with awesome amenities including a gym, an outdoor pool/hot tub, walking trails/jogging paths, sports fields, and a clubhouse (with a common area that can be rented out for tenants in the neighborhood). It is a great spot! Please let me know if you would like pictures: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private Room + Bath utilities and cleaning service included!
Looking for a young professional or student to share my newly renovated home in Richmond's northside. The house is just 10 minutes from downtown Richmond. Looking for a minimum commitment of 6 months. I'm are very clean and will be looking for that in a future roommate. The house is also shared with my dog Reagan and will be the only pet allowed to live on the property. The room can come furnished or unfurnished.
The $800 rent covers everything, electric, water, cable, internet, and professional cleaning every 3 weeks. Requirements: Non-Smoking, Credit Check, 2 Prior references, $500 Deposit due at lease signing, No pets. Text me at 540-589-8008 for pics!
This page contains links to external (non-VCU) websites. VCU is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such websites.