To request a reservation, please use the RESERVATION REQUEST FORM.
You will receive a confirmation email once the details for your session have been finalized.
If you have problems or questions with the form, please email MedSimInfo or call: 804.628.3925.
For more information about developing a new or custom simulation course, please visit FAQ's.
Note: Please note that we are currently adhering with VCU COVID-19 guidelines. We are currently operating under room occupancy limitations and reserve the right to decline your event. Our Education Specialists and our Operations team are here to help making your event successful during this pandemic.
GUIDELINES FOR RESERVATIONS:
1. Any STUDENT requesting a reservation must have a Faculty Sponsor who will be responsible for the education and implementation of a simulation. A meeting with the student, Faculty Sponsor, and Sim Center Staff will be required after the request has been submitted online. This meeting is essential for the reservation to be approved.
2. Requests MUST be submitted online using the web form above. Emailed requests or previously used forms will NOT be considered and will be denied.
3. Requests must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the requested session date. Any requests received after 4 weeks prior will be denied.
4. The Center for Human Simulation and Patient Safety is available from 8 am – 5 pm, Monday through Thursday and 8 am – 4 pm on Friday. Any requests outside of these hours are not guaranteed and must be approved.
5. Changes to reservations must be submitted no later than 2 weeks prior to a scheduled session via email; not all changes to reservations may be able to be honored. Any request for changes made after this window will be made at the discretion of the Center.
6. Cancellation policy: any session cancelled less than 2 weeks prior to the session must resubmit a reservation request for a later date which must be 4 weeks out. Any session cancelled more than 2 weeks prior to the session may be rescheduled as availability allows. Any cancellation due to force majeure will be rescheduled as availability allows. If written notification of cancellation is not received, the requesting faculty member or department may be invoiced. In the event that an instructor fails on multiple occasions to cancel within the time frame, future reservations will be denied.
7. Recording policy: all sessions are recorded for quality and educational use. The recording is kept for 30 days after which time the recording is permanently deleted. If you wish to keep the recording past 30 days, please select that option on the form.
8. Requests outside the scope of VCU School of Medicine and VCUHealth may require an additional facility and/or administrative fee.
ROOM TYPES and OCCUPANCY LIMITATIONS:
Conference Rooms (2) - seating for 10 plus 1 large, conference table with conference call capabilities
Classrooms (2) - seating for 30 with chairs only. Seating for 20 with chairs and 8 tables.
Inpatient Rooms (4) - seating for 12 with chairs only. Seating for 6 with chairs and 3 tables.
ICU Room (1) - seating for 12 with chairs only. Seating for 6 with chairs and 3 tables.
OR (1) - seating for 36 with chairs only. Seating for 19 with chairs and 8 tables.
Surgery Task Room (1) - seating for 28 with chairs only. Seating for 14 with chairs and 6 tables.
Outpatient Rooms (16) - standard outpatient room with patient bed and stool.
Scenario/Simulation Development Assistance Timeline
Scheduling Process 2017 [View Image]