Sigma's mission is advancing world health and celebrating nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership and service.
The Gamma Omega Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing was established at Virginia Commonwealth University in 1978.
We offer a fellowship, scholarship, grant and award of excellence each year. Learn more about qualifications and how to apply for each of the following:
- Leadership Intern Fellowship_ (Annual deadline: October 31)
- Lynn Bell Undergraduate Nursing Scholarship_ (Annual deadline: October 31)
- Nursing Science and Practice Grant_ (Annual deadline: December 1)
- Awards of Excellence (Annual deadline: TBA)
Board of Directors
- President: Leigh Ann Breckenridge
- President Elect: Christine Turner
- Secretary: Bev George-Gay
- Treasurer: Tamarah Pearson
- Counselor: Michelle Legg
- Membership Involvement Chair: Rebekah Gibson
- Governance Chair: Nickie Damico
- Leadership Succession Chair: Rani Sangha
- Awards Chair: Jiale (Gary) Hu
- Publicity/Webmaster: Rehana Glod
- Philanthropy: Tanya Brown, Laura Smith, Amy Feurer
If you have questions regarding membership, events, or anything else related to the Gamma Omega Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.