MissionA student watches someone brush their teeth [View Image]
The mission of the Department of Occupational Therapy at VCU is to advance occupation-focused scholarship and practice through integrated education, research, and service.
This happens through:
- Preparing outstanding, evidence-based, client-centered occupational therapists to serve the state and nation
- Developing innovative and influential leaders who change policy, practice and systems
- Responding to the occupational needs of the community
- Creating new knowledge and promoting translational applications
- Fostering cultural sensitivity, diversity and inclusion of faculty, students and staff