COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Daily Updates and ResourcesCOVID Resources
Azeddine Atfi is a coauthor on this publication:
A new publication from the Clevenger Lab; current Department of Pathology coauthors include Justin Craig, Jennifer Koblinski, Charles Clevenger
Jennifer Koblinski is a coauthor on this publication:
Dr. Atfi [View Image]Atfi Lab
Dr. Paula Bos [View Image]Bos Lab
Tia Turner - Harrell's Lab [View Image]
Snapshot of Research Laboratory without people [View Image]
Amy Northrop looking at the microscope [View Image]
Tia Turner (Harrell Lab MD/PhD student) successfully defended her PhD Thesis.
Madelyn Esquivel (Harrell Lab PREP student) was accepted into graduate school at Baylor.
• Jackie Grible and Alicia Woock both received 1) Early Career Forum Travel Awards and 2) Graduate School Travel Grants to attend the annual Endocrine Society Meeting in San Francisco.
• A recent publication from the Harrell Lab: The utility of the “Glowing Head” mouse for breast cancer metastasis research. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10585-020-10020-8
Department of Pathology contributors include; Mohammad Al-Zubi, David Boyd, Chuck Harrell.
• A recent publication from the Harrell Lab: Identification of synergistic drug combinations using breast cancer patient-derived xenografts. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-58438-0
Department of Pathology contributors include; Tia Turner, Mohammad Al-Zubi, Chuck Harrell.
Variety of test tubes on research lab table [View Image]Koblinski Lab
• Dr. Koblinski is a co-author on this paper: Anillin regulates breast cancer cell migration, growth, and metastasis by non-canonical mechanisms involving control of cell stemness and differentiation. https://breast-cancer-research.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13058-019-1241-x
• A recent publication from the Radhakrishnan Lab: Disabling the Protease DDI2 Attenuates the Transcriptional Activity of NRF1 and Potentiates Proteasome Inhibitor Cytotoxicity. https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/21/1/327
Department of Pathology contributors include; Amy Northrop, Janakiram Vangala, Senthil Radhakrishnan.
• Dr. Radhakrishnan has been named to the Editorial Board of PLOS ONE.
• Dr. Radhakrishnan has been invited to serve as Ad Hoc reviewer for the “Transition to Independence” NIH study section.
Alumni Newsletter Quick Links:
Congratulations to members of the Harrell Lab (Tia Turner, Mohammad Al-Zubi, Sahib Sohal, and Chuck Harrell) for their publication with the Reed Lab (Department of Physics). https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsomega.8b02224
Congratulations to Janakiram Vangala and Senthil Radhakrishnan for their publication!
Chuck Harrell and Tia Turner are investigators on a grant awarded by the PhRMA foundation to Dr. Mikhail Dozmorov (Biostatistics); “Druggable 3D genomics of metastasis”! The grant will focus on utilizing Hi-C to identify differences in chromatin interactions in patient-derived xenograft mammary tumors and metastases.
Dr. Koblinski, VA Governor, Northam, State Senator, Amanda Chase [View Image]
Cancer institute [View Image]Tia Turner was awarded a F30 fellowship by the NCI!