COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Daily Updates and ResourcesCOVID Resources
Regulatory T Cells Support Breast Cancer Progression by Opposing IFN-γ-Dependent Functional Reprogramming of Myeloid Cells.
Clark NM, Martinez LM, Murdock S, deLigio JT, Olex AL, Effi C, Dozmorov MG, Bos PD.
Cell Rep. 2020 Dec 8;33(10):108482. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2020.108482.
Local Targeting of Lung-Tumor-Associated Macrophages with Pulmonary Delivery of a CSF-1R Inhibitor for the Treatment of Breast Cancer Lung Metastases.
Alhudaithi SS, Almuqbil RM, Zhang H, Bielski ER, Du W, Sunbul FS, Bos PD, da Rocha SRP.
Mol Pharm. 2020 Dec 7;17(12):4691-4703. doi: 10.1021/acs.molpharmaceut.0c00983. Epub 2020 Nov 10.
Harrell and Clevenger Labs
Breast cancer liver metastasis: current and future treatment approaches.
Rashid NS, Grible JM, Clevenger CV, Harrell JC.
Clin Exp Metastasis. 2021 Mar 6. doi: 10.1007/s10585-021-10080-4. Online ahead of print.
Prolactin Drives a Dynamic STAT5A/HDAC6/HMGN2 Cis-Regulatory Landscape Exploitable in ER+ Breast Cancer.
Craig JM, Turner TH, Harrell JC, Clevenger CV.
Endocrinology. 2021 Feb 16:bqab036. doi: 10.1210/endocr/bqab036. Online ahead of print.
Harrell and Bos Labs
Unexpected PD-L1 immune evasion mechanism in TNBC, ovarian, and other solid tumors by DR5 agonist antibodies.
Mondal T, Shivange GN, Tihagam RG, Lyerly E, Battista M, Talwar D, Mosavian R, Urbanek K, Rashid NS, Harrell JC, Bos PD, Stelow EB, Stack MS, Bhatnagar S, Tushir-Singh J.
EMBO Mol Med. 2021 Mar 5;13(3):e12716. doi: 10.15252/emmm.202012716. Epub 2021 Feb 15.
MYCN-amplified neuroblastoma is addicted to iron and vulnerable to inhibition of the system Xc-/glutathione axis.
Floros KV, Cai J, Jacob S, Kurupi R, Fairchild CK, Shende M, Coon CM, Powell KM, Belvin BR, Hu B, Puchalapalli M, Ramamoorthy S, Swift K, Lewis JP, Dozmorov MG, Glod J, Koblinski JE, Boikos SA, Faber AC.
Cancer Res. 2021 Jan 22:canres.1641.2020. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-20-1641. Online ahead of print.
Conformational Modulation of Iduronic Acid-Containing Sulfated Glycosaminoglycans by a Polynuclear Platinum Compound and Implications for Development of Antimetastatic Platinum Drugs.
Gorle AK, Haselhorst T, Katner SJ, Everest-Dass AV, Hampton JD, Peterson EJ, Koblinski JE, Katsuta E, Takabe K, von Itzstein M, Berners-Price SJ, Farrell NP.
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2021 Feb 8;60(6):3283-3289. doi: 10.1002/anie.202013749. Epub 2020 Dec 23.
Atfi LabDr. Atfi next to a microscope [View Image]
Hsp70 acts as a fine-switch that controls E3 ligase CHIP-mediated TAp63 and ΔNp63 ubiquitination and degradation.
Wu HH, Wang B, Armstrong SR, Abuetabh Y, Leng S, Roa WHY, Atfi A, Marchese A, Wilson B, Sergi C, Flores ER, Eisenstat DD, Leng RP.
Nucleic Acids Res. 2021 Feb 22:gkab081. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkab081. Online ahead of print.
Human Papillomavirus 16 (HPV16) E2 Repression of TWIST1 Transcription Is a Potential Mediator of HPV16 Cancer Outcomes.
Fontan CT, Das D, Bristol ML, James CD, Wang X, Lohner H, Atfi A, Morgan IM.
Loss of Jag1 cooperates with oncogenic Kras to induce pancreatic cystic neoplasms.
Chung WC, Challagundla L, Zhou Y, Li M, Atfi A, Xu K.
Life Sci Alliance. 2020 Dec 2;4(2):e201900503. doi: 10.26508/lsa.201900503. Print 2021 Feb.
Dr. Oh - Prof Photo 2018 [View Image]Youngman Oh, (pictured) School of Medicine VETAR grant. “Development of a novel targeted therapy for age-related macular degeneration”. A MultiPI application with Dr. Qinggu Xu in Pharmaceutics to investigate therapeutic potential of IGFBP-3R mAb for dry AMD using a sodium iodate AMD mouse model.
Michael Idowu and Chuck Harrell are Co-Investigators on a R01 from the NCI, with PI David Gewirtz (Pharmacology): A sequential therapeutic strategy of senescence induction and senolytics for elimination of surviving residual breast tumor cells. $3.3M
Chuck Harrell served on the NIH MCT2 study section March 3-5.
Azeddine Atfi is a coauthor on this publication:
A new publication from the Clevenger Lab; current Department of Pathology coauthors include Justin Craig, Jennifer Koblinski, Charles Clevenger
Jennifer Koblinski is a coauthor on this publication:
Snapshot of Research Laboratory without people [View Image]
Dr. Atfi [View Image]Atfi Lab
Amy Northrop looking at the microscope [View Image]
• Jackie Grible and Alicia Woock both received 1) Early Career Forum Travel Awards and 2) Graduate School Travel Grants to attend the annual Endocrine Society Meeting in San Francisco.
• A recent publication from the Harrell Lab: The utility of the “Glowing Head” mouse for breast cancer metastasis research. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10585-020-10020-8
Department of Pathology contributors include; Mohammad Al-Zubi, David Boyd, Chuck Harrell.
• A recent publication from the Harrell Lab: Identification of synergistic drug combinations using breast cancer patient-derived xenografts. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-58438-0
Department of Pathology contributors include; Tia Turner, Mohammad Al-Zubi, Chuck Harrell.
Variety of test tubes on research lab table [View Image]Koblinski Lab
• Dr. Koblinski is a co-author on this paper: Anillin regulates breast cancer cell migration, growth, and metastasis by non-canonical mechanisms involving control of cell stemness and differentiation. https://breast-cancer-research.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13058-019-1241-x
• A recent publication from the Radhakrishnan Lab: Disabling the Protease DDI2 Attenuates the Transcriptional Activity of NRF1 and Potentiates Proteasome Inhibitor Cytotoxicity. https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/21/1/327
Department of Pathology contributors include; Amy Northrop, Janakiram Vangala, Senthil Radhakrishnan.
• Dr. Radhakrishnan has been named to the Editorial Board of PLOS ONE.
• Dr. Radhakrishnan has been invited to serve as Ad Hoc reviewer for the “Transition to Independence” NIH study section.
Tia Turner (Harrell Lab MD/PhD student) successfully defended her PhD Thesis.
Madelyn Esquivel (Harrell Lab PREP student) was accepted into graduate school at Baylor.