Successful implementation of research protocols is dependent on involving the Department of Pathology early in the planning process. We assist researchers needing use of our facilities, technology and/or professional expertise. The CPRS coordinator will provide logistical planning and protocol set-up for all your clinical pathology services.
- Submit a Request for VCU Health System Clinical, Nursing, and Ancillary Support Form. To access the ancillary request form, please visit http://go.vcu.edu/ancillaryrequest.
- For laboratory services, select "Pathology and Anatomic Pathology" from the list of Ancillary Services.
- Remember to upload the Trial Protocol, Laboratory Specimen Processing Manual (if applicable) and WIRB/IRB Approval (if available).
- A Pricing Proposal will be sent to you via e-mail or fax.
- The Principal Investigator (or his designee) should sign and return the Pricing Proposal to the CPRS Coordinator.
- Customized laboratory requisitions will be generated for each research/clinical trial account. Specific registration, billing and testing information will be listed on the requisition.
- All research samples submitted to the clinical laboratory for testing and/or processing must be accompanied by a laboratory requisition.
- If the research protocol involves specialized specimen processing and shipping to a central laboratory, contact the CPRS coordinator to schedule the delivery of study materials, shipping boxes, air bills, etc. to the clinical laboratory prior to study initiation.
- Notify the as soon as possible before recruitment begins for each protocol.