Ph.D., Department of Physics, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology, Rapid City, SD, 2002
Thesis Adviser: Prof. Andre G. Petukhov
Thesis Title: Spin-Dependent Tunneling in Magnetic Heterostructures
M.S., Department of Physics, Division of Solid State Physics and Solid State Electronics, Odessa State University,Odessa, Ukraine, 1996
1. D. O. Demchenko and M. A. Reshchikov “Blue luminescence and Zn acceptor in GaN”, Phys. Rev. B 88, 115204 (2013).
2. D. O. Demchenko and D. Ameen “Lattice thermal conductivity in bulk and nanosheet NaxCoO2”, submitted to Computational Materials Science (2013).
3. D. O. Demchenko, I. C. Diallo, and M. A. Reshchikov, “Yellow Luminescence of Gallium Nitride Generated by Carbon Defect Complexes”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 087404 (2013).
4. S. Curtarolo, W. Setyawana, G. L.W. Hart, M. Jahnatek, R. V. Chepulskii, R. H. Taylor, S. Wang, J. Xue, K. Yang, O. Levy, M. J. Mehl, H. T. Stokes, D. O. Demchenko, D. Morgan, “AFLOW: An automatic framework for high-throughput materials discovery” Computational Materials Science 58, 218–226 (2012).
5. D. O Demchenko, P. D Heinz, B. H. Lee, “Determining factors of thermoelectric properties of semiconductor nanowires”, Nanoscale Research Letters 6, 502 (2011).
6. D. O. Demchenko, B. Earles, H. Y. Liu, V. Avrutin, N. Izyumskaya, Ü. Özgür, and H. Morkoç, “Impurity complexes and conductivity of Ga-doped ZnO”, Phys. Rev. B 84, 075201 (2011).
American Physical Society (since 1999).
Referee for: Physical Review Letters, Physical Review B, Europhysics Letters, Journal of Physics Chemistry, Journal of American Chemical Society, Central European Journal of Physics, Superlattices and Microstructures, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces.
Reviewer for research proposals for: NSF, Department of Energy INCITE program for large scale supercomputer allocations.