IMPORTANT – VCU has not enabled email notification settings. This setting takes precedence over your settings.
Users can manage the notification settings for all of the courses they are teaching or are enrolled in. From the global navigation menu, click Settings, and then click Edit Notifications Settings.
The following options are available in these areas.
1. Edit General Settings: Choose your email format—individual messages for each notification or daily digest—and the reminder schedule for due dates.
2. Bulk Edit Notification Settings: Change the notification settings for all of your courses at once. You can select which notification types you want to receive and the method of delivery.
3. Edit Individual Course Settings: Change the notification settings for a single course.
4. Edit Individual Organization Settings: Change the notification settings for a single organization.
Turn Notifications On and Off and Select Delivery Methods
Users can select which notification types they receive and the methods used to be delivered.
1. From the global navigation menu, click Settings, and then click Edit Notification Settings.
2. Under Bulk Edit Notification Settings, click Courses I am taking or Courses I am teaching to change notification settings for all courses at once.
Alternatively, you can make selections for individual courses by clicking a course name in the Edit Individual Course Settings section. The Current Notification Settings page appears and provides the same options.
3. On the Change Settings page, check that your Notification Destinations are correct. If not, change them in your Personal Information.
4. In the Settings section, choose how your notifications are delivered by clicking the check box at the top of a column or by selecting check boxes for individual tools or features. Remove the check mark for any notification that you do not want to receive.
5. Click Submit.