New announcements appear directly below the repositionable bar. Reorder by dragging Announcements to new positions. Move priority Announcements above the repositionable bar to pin them to the top of the list and prevent new Announcements from superseding them. The order shown here is the order presented to students/participants.
Students/Participants do not see the bar and cannot reorder Announcements.
1. Turn Edit Mode ON.
Edit Mode Blackboard [View Image]
2. Go to the Announcement button, which is usually a default button or go to Tools/Communications >> Announcements.
3. Click Create Announcement.
4. Enter a Subject and the Message.
5. Enter a Duration option
6. Select if you would like to notify the students/participants of a new announcement immediately via email by checking the Email Announcement box.
7. Enter a Course Link - optional
8. Click Submit.
This article was updated: 12/8/2017