If your course has sections, you can set different event dates for each section in the Calendar.
Note: You need to add sections to your course before you can set a different date for an event for each section.
1. In Global Navigation, click the Calendar link.
Open Calendar Button [View Image]
2. Click the Add icon.
Add Calendar Item [View Image]
3. Add a title and location for the event. The date and time fields are automatically populated based on the current date but do not need to be removed.
In the Calendar drop-down menu, select the course calendar for the event. Click the More Options button.
More Options_Calendar [View Image]
4. Click the Use a different date for each section checkbox.
Use a different date for each section_Calendar [View Image]
5. The default date is removed and replaced with all the sections in your course.
For each section, type in a date, or select a date by clicking the Calendar icon, and specify the start and end time. If you don't want one section to see the event, leave the date and time fields blank.
Select Section Dates_Calendar [View Image]
6. Click the Create Event button.
View the events in your course calendar. Each section will have a separate Calendar event.
Note: You cannot edit the Location field when editing separate events. The Location field can only be edited by editing the main calendar event.