The Calendar iCal feed is located in the sidebar of your Calendar. You can import the iCal feed into any calendar app that accepts the iCal format, such as Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, Outlook, and Yahoo Calendar. You can also download the calendar feed as an ICS file. The calendar feed will contain events and assignments from all of your Canvas calendars.
1. In Global Navigation, click the Calendar link.
Open Calendar Button [View Image]
2. Click the Calendar Feed link located on the right-hand side.
Calendar Feed Link [View Image]
3. To copy the link, copy the link in the text field .
To download the feed as an ICS file, click the click here to view the feed link .
Copy Calendar Feed [View Image]
You can import your Canvas calendar to Google Calendar. The calendar feed will contain events and assignments from all of your Canvas calendars, including reserved Scheduler appointment slots.
The steps in this lesson are also relevant for those using Gmail via Google Apps for Education. Google Apps for Education provides an Institution Email Account to those institutions participating in the program. To learn more, visit the Google Edu website.
Once you have subscribed to the calendar feed, you can remove or unsubscribe from the calendar feed at any time.
4. In a new browser, log in to your Google Account.
Note: If you are participating in Google Apps for Education, log in to your Institution Email Account to subscribe to the Calendar Feed.
5. Click the Calendar link.
Google Calendar Link [View Image]
Once you click the Calendar link, you will view your Calendar.
6. Locate the Other Calendars drop-down menu to find the Add by URL option.
7. Take the copied URL from Canvas and paste it into the box . Click the Add Calendar button .
Add Calendar by URL_Google [View Image]