- Technology Services
- Teaching and Learning
- Conferences (Faculty)
Conferences are primarily used for virtual lectures, virtual office hours, and student groups. They can also be used to demonstrate technologies or troubleshoot technology issues online. Canvas integrates with BigBlueButton.
Things to remember:
- 10 concurrent sessions
- Limit 25 users per session
- Recorded sessions are only saved for 7 days
- Students see the instructor’s webcam, but not webcams of other students
For more information on web conferencing options in Canvas, view Web Conferencing Resources.
Conferences makes it easy to conduct synchronous (real-time) lectures for all users in a course. Conferences allows users to broadcast real-time audio and video, demo applications, share presentation slides, or demo online resources.
Use Conferences to:
- Connect with your students for online office hours or study sessions designed to help them prepare for a test.
- Connect with your colleagues for professional development webinars.
- Practice presenting online. Students can set up practice presentations in their student Groups.
- Invite special guests to your classroom by adding them as a student or observer to your course.
- Broadcast a live event or lecture to the students that can't be onsite.
- Record your conferences so students can view them at a later date.
Note: Recordings are automatically deleted 7 days after the conference ends.
Instructor View_Conferences [View Image]
Students can create conferences to talk about course assignments, host study groups, and collaborate on projects.
Use Conferences to:
- Connect with your instructor for online office hours or study sessions
- Connect with fellow students for guest speakers or professional development webinars
- Practice presenting online in student groups or with your instructor in a class conference
- Collaborate in student groups for group projects or other coursework