- Technology Services
- Video Services
- Video Conferencing Support
- Zoom Desktop Conferencing
- Calling an H.323 codec from Zoom
Zoom Conferencing - Calling an H.323 Device
Although Zoom is a software-based conferencing application, it is possible to connect to traditional hardware-based H.323 codecs via Zoom's "Cloud Room Connector" gateway. Here's how:
- Open Zoom on your desktop
- Choose "Start with Video" (at this point, you should see your own camera's image and a prompt to choose a microphone and speaker)
- At the bottom of the application window, choose "Invite"
Zoom call to H323 [View Image]
- From the pop-up window, choose the last tab on the right: "Invite a Room System"
Invite a Room System [View Image]
- Choose the second tab, "Call Out"
H323 [View Image]
- In the field provided, enter the IP address of the device you're calling.
- Hit "Call"
If you know you'll be connecting to the address on a regular basis, you can request to have it added to the Zoom Address Book, accessed via the pull-down menu next to the IP entry field. To request an addition to the address book, please submit an IT Support Ticket.
Alternately, your guests can join your Zoom meeting by calling from their codec.
- Open "Zoom" on your desktop
- Choose the "Meetings" icon on the top menu bar
Icon to access Zoom Meeting List [View Image]
This will open a window listing all your upcoming meetings, starting with your Personal Meeting Room, which is available any time, followed by whatever meetings you've scheduled manually. When you highlight a meeting from the list on the left, additional details -- including a link to share with your invitees -- will appear on the right.
List of Zoom meetings [View Image]
- Choose the meeting you want your guests to call and make a note of the meeting ID number (it's 9 digits long) You had a "Personal Meeting Room" assigned to you when you got your Zoom account. If you prefer to hold your meeting in another "room," go to "home," then "Schedule" and create a meeting for this purpose. If it's not a one-time meeting, choose "recurring meeting" to have an ID number assigned to it, long-term.
User interface for scheduling Zoom meetings [View Image]
- have your guests dial the IP address of Zoom's "Cloud Room Connector": 184.108.40.206
- when they get to the Room Connector welcome screen, have them enter the appropriate Meeting ID number. (They should leave out the "dashes")