Social and emotional resources
Please contact our lending library to check out the following resources related to supporting young children’s behavior:
- Bell, S.H., Carr, V., Denno, D., Johnson, L.J., and Phillips, L.R. (2004). Challenging behaviors in early childhood settings: creating a place for all children. Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Bayat, M. (2015). Addressing Challenging Behaviors and Mental Health in Early Childhood. Oxfordshire: Routledge Publishers
- Burke-Harris, N. (2018). The Deepest Well: Healing the Long-term Effects of Childhood Adversity. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Chazon-Cohen, R. (2012). Understanding Early Childhood Mental Health. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Croft, C. (2007) The Six Keys: Strategies for Promoting Children’s Mental Health in Early Childhood Programs. Sparrow Media Group
- Edwards, N. (2018). Early Social Emotional Development: Your Guide to Promoting Children’s Positive Behavior. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Forbes, H. (2012) Help for Billy: A Beyond Consequences Approach to Helping Children Cope with Challenging Children in the Classroom. Beyond Consequences Institute LLC
- Kaiser, B. and Rasminsky, J. (2012). Challenging Behaviors in young children: Understanding, Preventing and Responding Effectively. London: Pearson Publishing
- McClelland, M., and Tominey, S. (2015). Stop, Think, Act: Integrating Self-Regulation into the Early Childhood Classroom. Oxfordshire: Routledge
- McWilliam. R.A, and Casey A. (2008) Engagement of Every Child in the Preschool Classroom. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Nefertiti, B., and Cairone, K. (2011). Socially Strong, Emotionally Secure Children: 50 Activities to Promote Resilience in Young Children. Lewinsville, NC: Gryphon House
- Porter, L. (2008). Young Children’s Behavior: Practical Approaches for Caregivers and Teachers, 3rd edition. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Philibert, C.T. (2018). Everyday SEL in Early Childhood: Integrating Social Emotional and Mindfulness into Your Classroom. Oxfordshire: Routledge
- Shanker, S. (2012). Calm, Alert and Learning: Classroom Strategies for Self-Regulation. London: Pearson Education
- Shanker, S. (2017). Self-Reg: How to Help Your Child (and You) Break the Stress Cycle and Successfully Engage with Life. London: Penguin Random House.
- Siegel, D., and Payne-Bryson, T. (2014). No Drama Discipline: Whole Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind. New York City: Bantam Books
- Van Der Kolk, B. (2015). The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma. London: Penguin Random House