Information for Older Adults and Family Caregivers on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Virginia Center on Aging is concerned about COVID-19 and its impact on older adults. We have gathered a short list of reputable resources for those who share our concern and are seeking information and guidance.
- From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- From VirginiaNavigator: A Guide to Virginia COVID-19 Resources (for caregivers, older adults, people with disabilities, and veterans)
- From VirginiaNavigator: The VirginiaNavigator Guide: What to Do in a Financial Emergency During COVID-19
- From The John A. Hartford Foundation: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Resources for Older Adults, Family Caregivers and Health Care Providers
- From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults
- From AARP: Clear-Cut Steps for Caregivers Worried About Coronavirus Exposure
- From the Alzheimer's Association: Coronavirus (COVID-19): Tips for Dementia Caregivers
- From the National Council on Aging: COVID-19 Resources for Professionals
Oct 15, 2020
The fall 2020 issue of our quarterly, Age in Action, is now available.
Oct 1, 2020
The Central Virginia Task Force on Domestic Violence in Later Life has compiled a list of upcoming training events and resources related to abuse in later life.
- VGEC logo [View Image]
Jul 31, 2020
The Virginia Geriatric Education Center announces its 2020-2021 Faculty and Clinicians Development Program: Creating Interprofessional Readiness for Complex & Aging Adults (CIRCAA). Visit go.vcu.edu/circaa for more information.