Steps for School Divisions/Agencies to Access VNOC Services:
- The local school division/agency administrator, who has the authority to commit funds, if necessary, makes the initial contact with VNOC Coordinator Tracey Yurechko, 804-828-1342 to discuss the type of service needed.
- The VNOC Coordinator identifies and contacts the VNOC consultants that match the needs of the local school division/agency to explore their availability for the dates needed and their ability to meet the needs of the request.
- The VNOC Coordinator provides the local school division/agency administrator with contact information for the VNOC consultant(s) recommended. The local school division/agency administrator may choose/request a particular VNOC consultant. The responsibility for fees should be discussed with the consultant before services are provided. It is the responsibility of the local school division/agency administrator to ensure that the consultant selected has the credentials needed to provide the service. Administrators may request verification of credentials directly from the consultant. With regard to the completion of assessments by VNOC consultants, the local school division/agency must comport with all applicable special education regulations including: 8 VAC 20-81-70; 8 VAC 20-81-80; 8 VAC 20-81-90; 8 VAC 20-81-140; 8 VAC 20-81-170.
Consultants will not routinely participate in IEP/IFSP meetings or otherwise address matters related to a child's placement unless an assessment contracted for that purpose is specifically stated as being part of the consultant's service to the local school division/agency.
- The local school division/agency’s authorizing administrator contacts the VNOC consultant, discusses specific needs and applicable fees and arranges the date(s) and time(s) for the consultant’s services. The authorizing administrator may designate an alternate “primary contact person” to connect with the VNOC consultant to discuss specific needs and arrange date(s) and time(s). Discussion and agreement on the VNOC consultant’s professional fee and travel expenses are between the authorizing administrator and VNOC consultant directly. The VNOC Coordinator may assist as requested.
- The local school division/agency administrator or designee ensures that the appropriate school/agency personnel, parents, and child/student, if appropriate, are informed of the services including anticipated on-site visits. The local school division/agency is responsible for obtaining necessary parental consent prior to the provision of VNOC services. The anticipated recipients of the information or services of the VNOC consultant should participate in a follow-up activity/meeting with the VNOC consultant.
- Final summary/report of the VNOC consultation and invoice is submitted by the VNOC consultant to the local school division/agency administrator or designee. The school division/agency is responsible for providing the parent with a copy of the VNOC report.
- The VNOC consultant completes the VNOC Contact Report form and submits it to VNOC Coordinator.
- The VNOC Coordinator contacts the local school division/agency administrator or designee to provide information on closing procedures including:
- Completion of the required VNOC Service Evaluation form regarding the consultant’s services; and,
- How to request reimbursement.
- Funds for VNOC services are provided through a reimbursement model grant allocated to the Partnership for People with Disabilities, VCU. The local school division/agency is responsible for paying the VNOC consultant in accordance with agreed upon services. Reimbursement requests are submitted on school division/agency letterhead to the VNOC Coordinator, Partnership for People with Disabilities, 700 East Franklin Street, P.O. Box 843020, Richmond, VA 23284-3020
Request for reimbursement must include:
- A description of the services received;
- The date services were received;
- The school division/agency’s Federal Tax Identification number; and
- A copy of an invoice, purchase order or cancelled check as proof of payment.
The Partnership for People with Disabilities, VCU will process reimbursement to the local school division/agency as arranged with the VNOC Coordinator.