The primary goal of the Freeman Awards for Study in Asia is to increase the number of U.S. undergraduates who study in East Asia by providing them with the necessary information and financial assistance. Recipients are expected to share their experiences with their home campuses to encourage study abroad in East Asia, and to spread a greater understanding of Asian peoples and cultures within their home communities. The three primary criteria used to evaluate Freeman-Asia Award applications are:
- Financial need.
- Commitment to and proven interest in East Asian Studies.
- Quality of the service proposal.
- Campus deadline:
- VCU contact:
- Jeff Wing, Director, National Scholarship Office
701 West Grace Street, Room 1410
P.O. Box 843010
Richmond, Virginia 23284-3010
Phone: (804) 828-6868
- For more information:
- Resources for Applicants:
- None available
- Study abroad:
- Freshman, Sophmore, Junior, Senior, Graduate
- Arts, Humanities, Medicine, Social Sciences, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)