There are two options for creating a new course:
*This does not copy announcements, discussion board, or student information (i.e. activities, grades, etc.)
Create or Copy a Course (To Create a Course, choose step 7a and to copy a course choose step 7b)
1. Once logged in, go to the Resources tab within the Faculty Tools module, click the Create or Copy a Course link.
You will be taken to a new site and required to login using your eID and password.
2. From the dropdown list, select a semester and year (i.e. Spring 2017.) Click Next.
4. Select the radio button beside "I want to create or copy a course." Click Next.
5. In the Search for a course box, enter the course ID (Rubric, course number and section) or the CRN of the course you are trying to create or copy to.
* Notice under the Search for a course box, there is a checkbox beside "Search my courses only." You can uncheck the box to search all courses listed in banner. If the course is not found with the box checked then uncheck the box and see if it is found then. It is possible the course is listed in banner with the instructor TBD.
6. Click Next.
7a. If you would like to create a new blank shell course (meaning a brand new empty course), check the box beside "Do not copy content from another course." Click Next.
7b. If you would like to copy from a previous semester course, uncheck the box beside "Do not copy content from another course" and select the course you would like to copy from using the "--Select a Course--" drop down menu. Any courses you have taught or are enrolled in as instructor will be listed. Click Next.
8. Click the green Create Course button.