- Technology Services
- Teaching and Learning
- Profile and User Settings (Faculty)
Profile and User Settings
Note: Some features may not be enabled in the VCU Canvas instance.
101 - User Settings & Profile Picture from Instructure Canvas Community on Vimeo.
View the script for this video.
Profile and User Settings let you control your personal information in Canvas.
You can use your profile and user settings to:
- View and edit your user settings, such as display name, language preference, and time zone
- Change your default email address or add an additional email address for notifications
- Add a text (SMS) contact method for notifications
- View or add a profile picture
- Set Notifications for your favorite communication channels
- Upload personal Files
- Create and manage ePortfolios of your course work
- Manage new user features
- Download your assignment submissions from current and previous courses
You can do the following from the User Details page:
- Add profile information such as a biography and custom links
- View profile information for other users
- View your Enrollments
- View Enrollments you share with other users