Below are the instructions for submitting a ticket to SOMTech . As of December 4th, 2019, VCU has a new ticketing system based on the Cherwell platform. SOMTech is working with the IT Service Management Office to implement a custom SOMTech interface, but at launch, that is not the case. using the Cherwell ticketing system. In order to ensure that your ticket arrives at SOMTech and that SOMTech can provide the most efficient support, we strongly encourage you to follow these instructions and include the requested information in each ticket submitted.
For additional assistance with the Cherwell ticketing system, please contact the IT Support Center at 828-2227.
Who are these instructions for?
With the new this ticketing system, the SOMTech Client Services group now comprises what was previously 3 groups:
- Go to https://itsupportgo.vcu.edu/ITSupport
- Click on Click To Login.
- Login to CAS with your VCU eID and eID password (if prompted).
- Click on School/Unit Specific Support
- Choose School of Medicine
- Choose SOM Client Services
- Depending on the issue, you may want to click on different options listed below, but if you are having a problem with your computer (or can't figure out how to get a ticket to SOMTech)not sure which to choose, you should click on these one of the bolded options:
- Report Issue
- Request Service
- Request a VCU Health Email Account
- Request Access to the SOM Shares
- Request Computer
- Request New Managed Folder
- Request New Shared Mailbox
- Request Printer Support
- Request Remote Access
- Terminate Access to the SOM Shares
- Fill in the form with the relevant information and click the Submit button. Use the information below to help best complete this form.