Below are the instructions for submitting a ticket to SOMTech. As of December 4th, 2019, VCU has a new ticketing system based on the Cherwell platform. SOMTech is working with the IT Service Management Office to implement a custom SOMTech interface, but at launch, that is not the case. In order to ensure that your ticket arrives at SOMTech and that SOMTech can provide the most efficient support, we strongly encourage you to follow these instructions and include the requested information in each ticket submitted.
Who are these instructions for?
With the new ticketing system, the SOMTech Client Services group now comprises what was previously 3 groups:
If you are trying to submit a ticket to any of these former groups, you are in the right spot! If you are looking for IT support within VIPBG, please visit this page.
- Go to https://itsupport.vcu.edu/
- Click on Click To Login.
- Login to CAS with your VCU eID and eID password (if prompted).
- Click on New IT Support Ticket.
- Depending on the issue, you may want to click on different options, but if you are having a problem with your computer (or can't figure out how to get a ticket to SOMTech), you should click on these options:
- Computing Support
- Hardware and Devices
- Report Issue
- Fill in the form with the relevant information and click the Submit button. Use the information below to help best complete this form.