American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grants
Current Call for Applications:
Grant applications are now being invited from junior faculty for the award of small research grants of up to $30,000 for one year to perform basic, pre-clinical, clinical and cancer-control research studies (including but not limited to health services, psychosocial/behavioral, epidemiologic and health policy/outcome cancer research).
The American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grants (ACS-IRG) are awarded to junior faculty to pursue basic, pre-clinical, clinical and cancer-control research studies. These grants are intended for new investigators who are within six years of their first academic appointment.
NEW: Special Interest Award in Cancer Health Equity Research - ACS IRG will fund one Special Interest Award per year to support projects in areas of cancer health equity and disparities research.
*Final Applications DUE: November 30, 2020
- ACS-IRG Application Packet
- Faculty Research Promotion Form
- ACS-IRG Call for Applications - October 2020
- ACS-IRG Submission Guidelines - October 2020
Upcoming Cycle Dates:
Request for Applications (RFA): February 2020
Final Applications DUE: May 2021
Awards: June 2021
Recent ACS-IRG Awards:
- Priscilla Hwang, PhD - "Cadherin-3 regulated leader cell driven collective migration"
- Eddie Chae, PhD - "Regulation of Innate lymphoid cell-mediated anti-tumor immunity by the Wnt system”
- Ashlee Loughan, PhD - "Managing cancer and living meaningfully(CALM) in patients with malignant primary brain tumors”
- Michael Preston, PhD - "Uptake of an NCI research tested intervention program to increase colorectal cancer screening in a rural clinical setting”
*Interested researchers or for assistance accessing related program information, please contact:
Training and Education Coordinator
VCU Massey Cancer Center
Phone: (804) 628-3400