Brief Overview: Dr. Kelechi (K.C.) Ogbonna is the Associate Dean for Admissions & Student Services at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy. His focus is on both recruitment and retention with holistic student success and professional development as the drivers for his team’s work. In addition to his administrative role, Dr. Ogbonna’s responsibilities include didactic and experiential education in the area of geriatric pharmacy practice. Dr. Ogbonna's research focuses on leadership development, students success, community engagement, medication utilization, and healthy aging. Dr. Ogbonna completed his PGY-1 residency and PGY-2 Geriatric Pharmacy residency within the VA Connecticut Healthcare System. Dr. Ogbonna earned his Pharm.D. from The Massachusetts College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences and his Master degree in Health Administration from VCU.
- Pharm.D., Pharmacy (Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 2010)
- M.S., Health Administration (Virginia Commonwealth University, 2017)
- PGY-1 Residency - Pharmacy Practice (VA Connecticut Healthcare System, 2010)
- PGY-2 Residency - Geriatrics (VA Connecticut Healthcare System, 2011)
Professional and Scholarly Interests
- Community engagement, medication utilization, anticoagulation, and healthy aging