Software Description: Atlas.ti is a qualitative data analysis software package containing multiple tools. Current VCU faculty, staff and students may access Atlas.ti on the App2Go Server at no charge.
Platform: Access from Windows, Mac or Linux
Cost: No charge
- atlas.ti Overview
- Tools included in atlas.ti
- atlas.ti License Information
- Use atlas.ti on the App2Go Server
- Manuals & Training
- Obtain a personal copy of atlas.ti
- VCU Qualitative Research Interest Group
atlas.ti is a qualitative data analysis software package containing multiple tools. You can use these software tools to analyze text, audio and/or video of interviews, field notes, textual sources, and other types of qualitative data. VCU faculty, staff and students may apply for an account to run Atlas.ti on the App2Go server. Applications on the App2Go server should be used to support research and are not intended for instructional use.
- Hermeneutic Unit Editor
- Object Managers
- Hermeneutic Unit Browser
- Text Editor
- Object Explorer
- Family Manager
- Text Search Tool
- Query Tool
- Word Cruncher
- Object Crawler
- Auto Coding Tool
- Network View Manager
- Relation Editor
- Hermeneutic Unit Merger
- Coding Analyzer
- HTML Generator
- XML Converter
There are five (5) concurrent use licenses of atlas.ti available for use on the App2Go Server.
When using atlas.ti on the App2Go Server, it appears to be running on your PC. From computers with Windows, Mac or Linux operating systems you are able to run atlas.ti in a browser window. You can open, save and print files from your PC while using atlas.ti on the App2Go Server. Applications on the App2Go server are available to support research projects and are not intended for instructional use.
Only current VCU faculty, staff and students may access atlas.ti on the App2Go Server. Documentation on how to use of the App2Go Server will provide you details such as system requirements, installation, opening files, saving files and printing.
- atlas.ti tutorials in Atomic Learning (Search Atlas.ti - VCU eID/password required)
- atlas.ti video tutorials
- atlas.ti manual - atlas.ti.com
- atlas.ti quick tour - atlas.ti.com
- atlas.ti Knowledge Base - atlas.ti.com
- Spanish tutorials - psicometos.com
- Using atlas.ti for Qualitative Data Analysis - Stanford U
For assistance using atlas.ti, please contact the Atlas.ti Support Center, or refer to the manuals and training resources noted above.
Other potential sources of support include:
- VCU Research Incubator
- atlas ti Community
- Computer Assisted Qualitative Data Analysis Networking Project (CAQDAS)