SAS® Enterprise Miner - SAS® Text Miner
Software Description: Data Mining Software
Platform: Windows workstations
Cost: No charge for current VCU faculty, staff and students (VCU Teaching and Research Use).
SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS Text Miner for Windows Desktops are licensed for VCU Teaching and Research Use for current VCU students, faculty, and staff.
SAS Text Miner is a component of SAS Enterprise Miner. To use it, both SAS and SAS Enterprise Miner must be installed on the same machine.
Enterprise Miner 14.2 / Text Miner 14.2
- Enterprise Miner 14.2 for Desktop:
- Text Miner 14.2:
- Documentation (see also Using Text Miner 14.2 below)
- "Manage All Unstructured Data with Text Analytics" video
- Supported platforms (select your operating system from the drop-down list in the SAS Text Miner Personal Client section)
Installing Enterprise Miner 14.2
Enterprise Miner 14.2 Desktop for Windows Workstation with Text Miner 14.2 is included on the SAS 9.4 for Windows flash drive.
- Obtain SAS 9.4 for Windows.
- Install SAS 9.4, according to the SAS 94 for Windows installation instructions. On the "Select Products to Install" screen (see page 3 of the instructions), the checkboxes for several products will be selected by default. Make sure that the following products are among those selected (and select them, if they are not):
- SAS Foundation
- SAS Enterprise Miner Workstation Configuration
- SAS Text Miner Workstation Configuration
Launching Enterprise Miner 14.2:
- If you have a Windows Start button, select Start, All Programs, SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner Workstation 14.2
- If not (e.g., for Windows 8), just start typing SAS Enterprise Miner Workstation until you see its icon appear on the screen, then click the icon.
SAS Text Miner is a component of SAS Enterprise Miner. Here are some pointers:
- Begin by launching SAS Enterprise Miner, as described above.
- For assistance with SAS Text Miner 14.2, please see SAS Text Miner 14.2.
- The "getting started" guide for the previous version, which is found here, may also be helpful. There is also a link on that page for downloading the example data used in that guide.