Software Description: SigmaPlot is a technical graphing and data analysis software package. SigmaPlot and SigmaStat have been merged into this one package.
Platform: Download: Windows; Access on App2Go server from Windows, Mac, or Linux.
Cost: No charge for current VCU Students, Faculty, and Staff.
App2Go Server Information
SigmaPlot at VCU
- Sigma Plot Overview
- SigmaPlot License Information
- Obtain a Personal Copy
- SigmaPlot on App2Go Server
- Patches & Updates
- Manuals & Training
- Support & Consultation
- Sign up for SigmaPlot-Stat-L listserv
SigmaPlot is a technical graphing and data analysis software package that enables researchers to convert their data into precise, publication ready graphs.
Note: SigmaPlot and SigmaStat were previously two separate products. The two products have been merged. In addition to being a scientific charting tool, SigmaPlot 13.0 also includes data analysis tools for scientific research that were previously available in SigmaStat.
VCU has a 10 simultaneous user license for SigmaPlot. Since multiple users at VCU will be sharing these licenses, please shutdown SigmaPlot when you are not using it. The 10 concurrent use licenses are controlled by the VCU SigmaPlot License Manager.
If you are attempting to startup SigmaPlot and are unable to do so, report there is a problem with the SigmaPlot License Manager to the IT Support Center.
VCU Site License for SigmaPlot Software includes:
- SigmaPlot 13.0 (current download) may be used both off and on campus as long as you have an Internet connection. Note: Wireless access is not supported.
- Five (5) concurrent use licenses of SigmaPlot available for use on the App2Go Server.
License Restrictions for SigmaPlot Software:
- May only be used by current VCU faculty, staff and students
- May only be used on VCU owned or leased Windows PCs
- Is exclusively for academic/research use
- May not be used for commercial gain
- May not be modified
- May only be shared with others at VCU who register a license
- Must be uninstalled when you are no longer affiliated with VCU
Obtain a Personal Copy
- System Requirements
- Download SigmaPlot 13.0
- After installing:
- Follow instructions sent to your VCU e-mail account to configure access to VCU's SigmaPlot License Manager Server.
- Note: Only hardwired connections to the SigmaPlot license server are supported. Wireless connections are NOT supported.
When using SigmaPlot on the App2Go Server, it appears to be running on your PC. From computers with Windows, Mac or Linux operating systems you are able to run SigmaPlot in a browser window. You can open, save and print files from your PC while using SigmaPlot on the App2Go Server. Applications on the App2Go server are available to support research projects and are not intended for instructional use.
Only current VCU faculty, staff and students may access SigmaPlot on the App2Go Server. Documentation on how to use of the App2Go Server will provide you details such as system requirements, installation, opening files, saving files and printing.
- SigmaPlot 12.5 Introductory Movies
- SigmaPlot tutorial: Within SigmaPlot, select Help, SigmaPlot Tutorial...
- SigmaPlot manual: Within SigmaPlot, select Help, View PDF Manuals, Users Guide
- SigmaPlot 13.0 New Features (51 min)
- Regression Analysis Video
- Product Uses (white papers)
- SigmaPlot FAQs
For assistance with using SigmaPlot on the App2Go server, contact the IT Support Center.
LISTSERV subscribers receive notification of SigmaPlot upgrades and maintenance fixes, times to renew SigmaPlot licenses, training opportunities, etc. Those who registered their license on the VCU Software Download Registration webpage are automatically added to this list. In some departments technical support staff register a block of licenses. If users whose licenses are registered by their technical support staff wish to receive listserv notifications for this product they should subscribe to the VCU SigmaPlot-Stat-L LISTSERV.
To subscribe to the VCU SigmaPlot-Stat-L ListServ, click on:
Note: Participation in this list is limited to VCU email accounts.