Software Description: This site provides you access to the download of Windows and Mac operating system software for computers and servers.
Platform: Windows and macOS
Cost: Windows - Free for students and departments, $14.99 for faculty and staff individual purchases. macOS - available for purchase or upgrade via Apple
VCU community members can download Windows OS and macOS using the links below:
- VCU Windows download ($14.99 for faculty/staff, free for students)
- This special download site is for personal use only, NOT for departmental purchases.
- When you select a product for download, the product and the key are only visible for 30 days, after which the access expires. If you want more access time beyond 30 days, you can purchase this upfront for $4.95, which provides two full years additional access or reinstate it for 60 days for an $11.95 fee if you do not opt for extended two-year access initially.
- Be sure to save your downloads and keys for future needs such as transferring to a new computer or if your operating system and applications need to be reloaded.
- macOS download (available via Apple.com)
Departments within the university have access to OS upgrades through their technical support personnel. All upgrades must be requested through department IT Support staff.