Software Description: Tool for Mathematics and Modeling
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux
Cost: Free installation on VCU students and employees owned/leased PCs and on VCU owned/leased PCs.
- Maple Overview
- License Information
- Download or Renew Maple
- Manuals & Training
- Sign up for Maple-L listserv
Whether you need to do quick calculations, develop design sheets, teach fundamental concepts, or produce sophisticated high-fidelity simulation Maple is the essential technical computing software for today’s engineers, mathematicians, and scientists.
VCU Humanities and Sciences has a University-wide license for Maple.
Maple obtained under this VCU site license may be used:
- For VCU related research and instruction
- By VCU employees and students on University owned/leased computers
- By VCU employees on personally owned computers
- By currently enrolled VCU students on their personally owned computers
Under this cross-platform license, an unlimited number of copies of Maple can be running at any time.
Maple versions available under this license are:
- Maple for Windows 7 or later
- Maple for Mac X 10.9 or later
- Maple for Linux: Redhat, SUSE or Ubuntu
Maple: Systems Requirements
For Student Owned Workstations:
- Download/Renew Maple 2017 for Students - Win 64
- Download/Renew Maple 2017 for Students - Win 32
- Download/Renew Maple 2017 for Students - Mac
- Request Maple 2017 for Students - Linux 64
- Request Maple 2017 for Students - Linux 32
For Faculty/Staff Owned Workstations:
- Download/Renew Maple 2017 for Fac/Staff - Win 64
- Download/Renew Maple 2017 for Fac/Staff - Win 32
- Download/Renew Maple 2017 for Fac/Staff - Mac
- Request Maple 2017 for Fac/Staff - Linux 64
- Request Maple 2017 for Fac/Staff - Linux 32
For VCU Owned Owned Workstations:
This software is provided to the VCU community 'as is' as a courtesy by the VCU College of Humanities & Sciences. The vendor supplies installation support and application support. For download support, contact the IT Support Center.
Sign up for Maple-L listserv
LISTSERV subscribers receive notifications of Mathematica upgrades and maintenance fixes, times to renew Mathematica licenses, Mathematica training opportunities, etc.
To subscribe to the VCU MAPLE-L click on:
Note: Participation in this list is limited to VCU email accounts.