If you need help setting up a new phone with DUO, please contact ITSC at 828-2227 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* As of August 12th, DUO enrollment is required for all current and former students, staff, and faculty. *
*** On June 30th, 2022, VCU is disabling the SMS text messaging option in Duo as a method of authentication ***
To safeguard our information from cyber threats, VCU has integrated VCU 2Factor Authentication.
What is VCU 2Factor Authentication?
VCU 2Factor authentication is an extra layer of security to ensure that you are the only person who can access your account, even if someone knows your password. VCU account access requires your eID, Password, and a Device.
The device can be any of:
- Smartphone/Tablet - DUO Mobile App Recommended option
- Keychain token (like YubiKey, Duo's D-100)
Let's get started
The two-step process is:
- Download and install DUO Mobile App on your mobile device
- Register your device by visiting https://eid.vcu.edu from your mobile device or desktop computer.
(Please click here for step-by-step instructions)
Before travel, Technology Services recommends that you have the duo app installed and activated with VCU. If you do not have access to the internet or cell service during your travel on your mobile device or tablet, you can still authenticate with a duo using a passcode from the app.
Generate a Passcode with Duo App
- Open the Duo Mobile App.
- Tap on the Virginia Commonwealth University account.
- A passcode will be displayed.
- When prompted for your secondary authentication method when logging in, select Enter a Passcode and then enter the passcode displayed in the Duo app.
- Click Log In.
If you do not have a smartphone then the alternate method would be to request a Hardware token. Please contact VCU IT Support Center before your travel