To safeguard our information from cyber threats, VCU has integrated VCU 2Factor Authentication.
What is VCU 2Factor Authentication?
VCU 2Factor authentication is an extra layer of security to ensure that you are the only person who can access your account, even if someone knows your password. VCU account access requires your eID, Password, and a Device.
The device can be any of:
- Smartphone/Tablet - DUO Mobile App Recommended option
- Legacy mobile phone - SMS
- Keychain token (like YubiKey)
Let's get started
The two-step process is:
- Download and install DUO Mobile App on your device
- Register your device with VCU Central Authentication Service (CAS) by visiting http://my.vcu.edu (Step-by-step instructions)
- If you are on the VCU campus, please be sure to turn off your WiFi before registration.