- Technology Services
- Knowledge Base
- Products and Services
- Voice Mail
- VCU Voice Messaging - AVST CX
- How To....
- How to Set up Your Mailbox - VCU/VCUH (Richmond Area)
Mailbox Set Up Instructions - VCU/VCUH (Richmond Area)
[Printer Icon] Print this article
Mailbox Set up Instructions
For assistance accessing information related to our programs, please contact VCU Telecommunications at 828-2227 (press option 2).
Not all locations will use the new system. Check .
- From your desk phone, dial 6-3665.
- Dial 142536 when prompted for your security code. Do not dial pound (#) after the security code.
- Follow the prompts to set a new security code, record your name, and record your greeting (you MUST record a personal greeting).
- Your mailbox is initialized once your hear “Congratulations!”You can set up your mailbox from another phone but step 1 is slightly different.
From an off campus phone dial 628-3665 (toll free 877-628-3665)
- You may be prompted for a security code, press [*] to bypass the message.
- Press [#] followed by your five digit mailbox number.
SETTING UP A MAILBOX ANOTHER IN ADDITION TO YOUR PERSONAL MAILBOX:
- Press [#] followed by your five digit extension.
- From your desk phone dial 6-3665.
- Press [*] when prompted for a security code.
- Press [#] and enter the 5 digit mailbox number you wish to setup.
- Follow the steps 2, 3 and 4 above
- NOTE: If you end the session before hearing "Congratulations" the system will retain your new security code but treat it as temporary. The next time you access your mailbox enter the security code you created previously. You will be prompted to change it and to complete your mailbox set-up. Once you complete your set-up you can follow the instructions on the AVST Quick Reference Guide - Richmond Metro Area to reset your security code if you desire.
- From any other phone on campus dial 6-3665
If you have questions or would like more information please contact us via the IT Support Center at 828-2227 (press option 2).