CMH Voice Messaging – AVST CX
Mailbox Set up Instructions
- From your desk phone, dial 4-6100.
- Dial 142536 when prompted for your security code. Do not dial pound (#) after the security code.
- Follow the prompts to set a new security code, record your name, and record your greeting (you MUST record a personal greeting).
- Your mailbox is initialized once you hear “Congratulations!”
You can set up your mailbox from another phone but step 1 is slightly different.
From any other phone on campus dial 4-6100
- You may be prompted for a security code, press [*] to bypass the message.
- Press [#] followed by your five digit mailbox number.
From an off campus phone dial (434) 584-6100
- Press [#] followed by your five digit extension.
SETTING UP ANOTHER MAILBOX IN ADDITION TO YOUR PERSONAL MAILBOX:
- From your desk phone dial 4-6100.
- Press [*] when prompted for a security code.
- Press [#] and enter the 5 digit mailbox number you wish to setup.
- Follow the steps 2, 3 and 4 above
NOTE: If you end the session before hearing "Congratulations" the system will retain your new security code but treat it as temporary. The next time you access your mailbox enter the security code you created previously. You will be prompted to change it and to complete your mailbox set-up. Once you complete your set-up you can follow the instructions on the AVST Quick Reference Guide_CMH to reset your security code if you desire.
If you have questions or would like more information please contact us via the IT Support Center at (804) 828-2227 (press option 2).